Sun, Sep 22, 8:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Phot Texture question...photopaint/photoshop

Aldaron ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 4:30 PM ยท edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 2:49 AM

file_128210.jpg

I know this probably belongs in the other forum but this is my home and the only one I visit so forgive me :) I made a tilable texture but is there anyway to remove the glare without losing detail and color? I have Corel Photopaint 8 but have never really delved into editing of this sort.

draculaz ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 5:07 PM

first things first, that doesn't quite look tilable to me. as for the answer to your question, sure, no problem. the glare is mostly on the left middle slabs. just copy and paste the right middle blue slabs over them. dra

Aldaron ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 5:17 PM

I cropped the actual one I'm working on to make it tilable and actually thought about the copy and paste after I posted this :) Wonder if there is any other way to do it?

Incarnadine ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 8:23 PM

To be honest, I think it would probably be the fastest way.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

electroglyph ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 8:43 PM

You need to apply what's called a high pass filter. If corel photopaint doesn't have this you can get the same effect with gaussian blur. Copy the photo and paste as a new layer. Apply a large gausian blur to the new layer that is larger than the biggest feature you want to preserve. (if your squares are 50 pixels across make your blur 70 pixels wide) Convert the layer to a negative image and make the layer 50% transparent. Merge the two layers and this will flatten out the shine from the flash on the top of the image. It will also flatten out the tone and contrast and make the image look flat. Crank up the contrast, tone, and color saturation until the image looks normal again. Now the brightness will be uniform across your image so you can tile it. You should do this before cropping the image to make it tilable.

thuleke ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 8:51 PM

Aldaron, this link could help you: http://www.3drender.com/light/EqTutorial/tiling.htm

Incarnadine ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 8:57 PM

an interesting idea electroglyph. will keep that in mind for future fixes

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

alvinylaya ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2004 at 6:13 AM

file_128212.jpg

You mean something like this?

alvinylaya ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2004 at 6:15 AM

file_128213.jpg

Or this? I guess it depends on how detailed you want the tile to be and how much repitition you can tolerate.

alvinylaya ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2004 at 6:39 AM

file_128214.jpg

Since it's a repetitious pattern, I don't think it's that the tiling noticeable unless you really mean to look for it.

pogmahone ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2004 at 7:59 AM ยท edited Sun, 12 September 2004 at 8:03 AM

:o|

DUH! ever realize that you posted to the wrong thread? meant to post that pic in an entirely different place, only just noticed...

I've now shifted it across to the proper thread.

Message edited on: 09/12/2004 08:03

Aldaron ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2004 at 2:11 PM

Yep that's what I wanted. Thanks Now to work on the other textures that I took at the office.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.