Tue, Oct 22, 2:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: How do you paint makeup onto a texture map effectively?

Laver2k ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 8:48 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:55 AM

Im always struggling with this, I can never do it right. Im a guy so I dont really have much of a clue about make up in the first place. Ive tried painting stuff on myself but I always get that drag-queen effect. Also, the V3 template is hard to be accurate with, Im always painting outside the lines, mainly cos Im not sure which line im meant to be painting over lol. Any1 have any advice or tutorials that they could point me to? Thanks.

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 9:09 AM

An easy option? Look in Lisbeths store - she has some merchant resources like Make Up Magic which are in PSD layered format - it's as simple as adding a layer to your texture. Not only will it start you off but it will also give you an insight into how to make your own There are also others available but I can't remember them all - sorry Gill

Gill

HandspanStudios ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 6:15 PM

If you want to continue to try and paint your own, look for "Seam Guide" templates in free stuff, by SnowSultan. They are very helpful because they are color coded which makes it easier to see where you are painting. Render the template itself as a tex map so you can see where things are placed.

"Your work is to keep cranking the flywheel that turns the gears that spin the belt in the engine of belief that keeps you and your desk in midair."

Annie Dillard

Lyrra ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 8:27 PM

Bobbie25 made a set of PSP or PS brushes to paint makeup on v3. Not sure if they're in freestuff here, but they are definately at Rendervisions freestuff. She also made some hair and some eyebuilding brushes. Very helpful the brushes are 50% of the solution, work in layers, change your translucency or blending modes, and go look at makeup colour combinations at a cosmetics site. Many of them have options where you can choose a skintone and they will suggest combinations of colour and product that work with the skin. If you are a bonewhite caucasian (like me) that really makes it easier to get good colours for makeup on other skintones. Shame they don't have a listing for blue or drow people though. grins Lyrra

Laver2k ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2004 at 7:15 AM

Oooh of course, the seam guide lol. I always forget about that. I will go get those brushes right now. Thanks to everyone for your advice. Im trying to make a free character and I dont liek using premade stuff on my textures cos everything seems to look the same. Thanks every1.

Laver2k ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2004 at 7:28 AM

I looked at rendervisions and in freestuff but cant find those makeup brushes. I found the hair and eye ones, just no makeup ones =/.

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2004 at 7:31 AM

drat. I checked with bobbie and she's taken the makeup ones down. Sorry.

Laver2k ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2004 at 7:36 AM

Ah well, no problem.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.