Sat, Sep 21, 8:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Animation Trouble

one_wolf ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2000 at 5:45 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:31 AM

I have just started to get into animation with Poser and I'm having trouble with it. The only render options I have for animation are .avi or image sets. The manual says that quicktime should also be an option, but it's not there. My biggest problem so far is actually rendering the animation. I've got a simple walk animated and when I try to actually render it I get an error message. All it says is Error Creating Avi File. It doesn't give any reason for this problem. Has anyone run into this before? Any ideas on what I might need to do? TIA

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2000 at 6:54 PM

I don't think quicktime is a option on a PC. Try changing the AVI codec of choice to see if that helps.

pack ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2000 at 1:06 PM

Also try changing the resolution . Indeo in particular is very picky. Use 320x200 320x240, 640x400, 640x480, 720x480 or multiples of the above.

one_wolf ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2000 at 6:45 PM

Here is another part of the problem, there is nohwere for me to change the codec. Only choices I have in that department are avi or image sets. I also changed to a standard rsolution and size, unfortunately it didn't help. I have the same problem with Bryce 3D as well. Bryce gives me the codev choices but it won't render no matter which one I choose. It's getting pretty frustrating for me since I'm just starting to explore the animation area. I'm thinking my computer only likes to watch movies and doesn't want any part in making one. I'm at a loss as to what to try next. Here are some system specs, maybe they'll help. P2 400 256 MB RAM 2x 13GB HD 40GB HD Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live Creative Labs 3D Annihilator (GeForce DDR) DirectX 7.0a Everything should have recent if not the newest drivers so I don't think any of this should cause my problems. Should I go look for new codecs? Thanks for the input.

JanP ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2000 at 11:15 PM

Then you need to reinstall. When creating animations first it asks what you want to name it and where. image sequences or avi's are your only option. AS it should be. Anyway, then next window that comes up are all the codecs installed on your system. Did you install media player? If not, thats why you are having trouble as it cannot find any codecs which are required. Even if you select uncompressed. Try unistaklling media player and then reinstalling. also, go to curious labs to get the 4.03 update. Just in case JanP

JanP ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2000 at 11:15 PM

Then you need to reinstall. When creating animations first it asks what you want to name it and where. image sequences or avi's are your only option. AS it should be. Anyway, then next window that comes up are all the codecs installed on your system. Did you install media player? If not, thats why you are having trouble as it cannot find any codecs which are required. Even if you select uncompressed. Try unistaklling media player and then reinstalling. also, go to curious labs to get the 4.03 update. Just in case JanP

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.