Fri, Sep 27, 2:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 27 1:12 am)

Subject: Total Panic......

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 5:46 PM · edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 2:26 AM

That is where I was Tuesday.....my computer literally got fired up....flames and everything...thank goodness I was next to it, when I smelled the smoke...but went right out and got me a new one and now all is well, just got done downloading my programs and getting it back to the way I like it, next add my favorite models...that will be a pain finding them all.

But we are all set again and hopefully will get you a freebie this week.....anybody want anything specific? We know what we want to do...but what would you like?

let us know....see you....I can now rest....Sharen

Message edited on: 09/16/2004 17:47

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 5:49 PM

Wahh! I'm glad you were next to it and able to extinguish it! That could have been much worse than it was.

geoegress ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 5:55 PM

wow- glad your back Sharon :)

cedarwolf ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 5:58 PM

Wow...I knew your products were hot but that's carrying things a bit too far, doncha' think? Glad to hear that things are ok...I've had electronic items go up in flames before and somehow they just never seem to work the same afterwards...must be the fact that you can't get all of the baking soda out of them afterwards.

sixus1 ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:19 PM

Sometime I want to set my computer on fire ;) --Rebekah--

lesbentley ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:40 PM

"what would you like?" A hand bag!

numanoid ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 7:08 PM

file_129134.jpg

African face masks. Search on google. There are thousands of types. Each tribe has their own design. Maybe making Kenyan ones will make the most sense, because they will compliment the DAZ tribal sets they have released now.

FizzBangBoom ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 7:11 PM

Oh the list is long and detailed! :) Shoes... all I seem to beable to find are platform heels for Vickie, judy and other female figures. Looking for an oxford style with the spike heel ankle boots (that heel again heh). Dont get me started on clothes or hair! 8)~

igohigh ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 7:35 PM

So that's what the salesman meant when he said "This new CPU is SMOKIN Fast!"?!? "want anything specific?" Ya, a Baby Hesling Vampire! ;p

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 7:42 PM

LOL....yay igohigh....LOL...yes it was a night. Sharen

MachineClaw ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 7:43 PM

Well, I know your really good with the archetecture stuff so been thinking about this a bit for a while now. with new Batman movie coming out, and Halloween coming... Haunted Hospital. rubber rooms/cells, sick operating rooms etc. been watching some movies latly and the theme keeps coming up. The Frightners (micheal J fox) hospital at the end, Hellraiser 2, Girl Interupted, etc. oh well, just a thought. Glad ya got up n running again, and that ya didn't burn down anything.

beos53 ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 7:43 PM · edited Thu, 16 September 2004 at 7:44 PM

Sorry your old computer went bye-bye, but glad you got a new one
Everyone would be lost without your products

how about an Native American Indian Headress

Message edited on: 09/16/2004 19:44

PoserPro 2014, Windows 7, AMD FX-6300 6 core, 8 GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

ford3auss ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 7:44 PM

Great to hear every thing is ok, you were so lucky to be there when it happened...Cya and take care..

igohigh ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 8:05 PM

Ooooh Ooooh, I have a suggestion for some future stuff; Like we have all kinds of Gothic structures, medievil structures, Egyptian structures, and now from DAZ and Traveler even some African structures, BUT have you ever tried to find a Persian Palace, or other like stuff for a good Arabic scene??? You know, like for all the belly dancer outfits and the FREAK Jinn and such? There is like almost No good archetecture stuff for an Arabian Knights scene....how come??

FizzBangBoom ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 8:23 PM

Ooooooooooooo... niiiiiice igohigh... var-ahy var-ahy nice! 8)

genny ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 8:38 PM

I can't think of a thing I want right now, but I just wanted to say, I am glad you are OK and that got a new computer too (:

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 8:48 PM

glad u have a new puto would like a panel with buttons eg for setting or disarming a burglar alarm maybe with a slide back part so your poser burglars can pull out the wires or tamper with the wiring. a big plush work desk for the company boss in his plush office! love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

HeavyRay ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 9:04 PM

I bet it was your (old) keyboard that was the cause; you should've taken me up on my new keyboard offer... ;-)
Happy to hear that you and Mike are OK!

• Ray

SndCastie ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 9:53 PM

Glad to hear you were there otherwise could have taken more then just the computer. Hope everything else is ok with you and Mike. I would like something Gothic lol not my usual stuff but like doing it off and on. And with Halloween around the corner would be great for a scene :O)

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 9:53 PM

dang..likely an overheating problem, could be the fans gave out, or more likely the power supply..the most important part was if you backed up the data..in 17 years of working on PC's..I've only seen 2 that 'caught fire' (actually bad sound effects, and a small cloud of smoke)
Not sure if it would help you any, but I've been downloading your free stuff for years (usually with the accompanying pics, but not always..one of life's mysteries..;), so if you need any uploads, I can search my CD's..and make sure you get a UPS to cover you..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

skee ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 10:15 PM

I would like to see you make some time for yourselves to relax. You work too hard for everyone else. skee

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large
number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

mamba-negra ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 10:21 PM

Glad you got your smokin' problem under control:) I would like to see some haunted furniture to go with that great house (spider webs across the corners, dusty books and candles, maybe even a few broken things to make it look like a vacant dwelling inside:) This, of course, might be more suited to a store item, but it is certainly something ya'll are capable of, and is sadly missing in the poser world as we know it:) eric

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 4:05 AM

mamba-negra, I like your idea. Thank you all for your great concern....it is nice to read this. But we are well, and I have always backed up everything, except stuff for that I can generate again. Sharen :-)

Stage_Rose ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 4:27 AM

Eeek! That happened to my brother's new comp, but it came with an automatic exstinguisher, so it was only for a moment. I'm not entirely surprised though, sometimes I think my computer will explode if I make it render one more time :-). I second the Arabian Nights idea. I also add a proper, theatre stage, with a texturable background and morphing curtain and wings. But, I'm easy (but not cheap and I can't be tricked ;-)) so, whatever you chose to do, I'll love like all the rest of your stuff!

Tiny ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 5:12 AM

file_129137.jpg

Terrible what happened to your computer! What a drastic way to say you needed a new one. ;o) Happy to hear you were near by to prevent disaster. Our monitor went on fire last winter. Smoke and awful smell.

For the wish list:
A kitchen zink. Can't find any. Something like what is on the pictures.

Eva

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 5:57 AM

Hee. Sharen should do that one just so she can say, "I've got everything and the kitchen sink"! ;-)

But jeez, I can't believe your computer caught on fire. That's really scary. Any idea why it caught on fire???

pokeydots ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 6:07 AM

Sharen omg thats scary! Glad you were there! And I can't believe you are worrying about a freebie for us right now! GEt your stuff all together, I know what a pain reinstalling can be, I still don't have all of my poser stuff installed yet from the last restore I did! Now for the good question.... what kind of new puter did ya get :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 7:48 AM

Glad all is well Sharen, I sure can sympathize with puter problems. Went so many years with no problems, now this year i seem to be plagued with hardware/software issues. Glad you have new puter, sometimes it's nice to start from scratch, get things how you REALLY wanted them ;).

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 9:48 AM

Geez, Sharen O.o How about modeling a fire extinguisher? Sorry but that was my first thought when you asked for something to model. :o) Tiny.. there's a sink much like that (though not a double one) included in my Kitchen set here in the MP.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

garblesnix ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 11:03 AM

SAMS3D:
Glad things are well with you.
Future model?
How's about a horse-drawn, hand-pump fire engine?
Sorta commemorating the "Fire of '04" (pronounced 'aught four' in almost-senior parlance).
But whatever you make, I'm sure it will be useful, excellent, and appreciated, per usual.
Thanks.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 2:21 PM

LOL...you guys kill me....I use to buy only Dell, but have switched to HP.....really a wonderful price and great so far...of course it is new, but it is nice. What started it, I think it was the fan stopped and power supply blew...going to open her up as soon as the smoke clears...LOL...fire extinquisher.....LOL

SpottedKitty ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 2:56 PM

Ouch. Consider all the jokes about friodes, LERs (Light Emitting Resistors) and SEDs (Smoke Emitting Diodes) as said...

Reminds me of the time I was working (sort of — it was one of those Guvvmint schemes) for a computer dealer. On one of my callouts I was presented with a defunct computer. Opened the case, and... there were lots of little scraps of plastic all over the place. And I couldn't find the m/b battery... yep, it had exploded. I had an "interesting" conversation with my boss over the phone for that one...

wheatpenny ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 3:51 PM
Site Admin

As to the question of what i would like: Immortality, world peace, a million dollars... :)

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Tiny ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 4:28 PM · edited Fri, 17 September 2004 at 4:31 PM

Wow >>ernyoka1, lots of stuff there what I've been looking for! I've bookmarked it and will get back when it is time to put together the kitchen parts in the project.

I must admit I just recently (when broad band arrived) begun looking in the RO's market area. There are billions of things I want. :o) "But can't afford" ::husbands voice from somewhere::

Message edited on: 09/17/2004 16:31

odeathoflife ( ) posted Sat, 18 September 2004 at 8:44 PM

file_129141.jpg

Poor Pal, all those toon women demanding his attention as he is the only male in the village, drove him insane. This has been sitting on my drive for quite some time, your post reminded me of it. It is just hte one wall, but if more then one person wants to pay for something like this then I will finish it.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.