Sun, Oct 6, 6:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: freestuff download problem

gojira-san ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2004 at 9:14 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 6:55 AM

Hi-- sorry to be a noodge, but I never received a final reply the first time out, and this problem is driving me crazy! When I try to download stuff from the freestuff section or view animations at the animation area, approximately 75% of the time I get a blank screen with the message "error! No file specified!" There seems to be no pattern to when I get this message. Today, for example, I downloaded two freestuff files without problem, but when I attempted to view new animations, I got the error message eight times in a row. Sometimes if I return an hour or so later, I can reach a file which gave me an error earlier. I'm on Yahoo, using their browser, Windows XP home. This problem has only popped up in the last two weeks. Thanks, gojira-san

AgentSmith ( ) posted Wed, 15 September 2004 at 11:04 PM

Yahoo has a browser? Do you mean you have a yahoo "toolbar"? (My girlfriend has that) Anyway, you never know, it could be bad luck, lol. Freestuff isn't hosted by Renderosity (as a whole), it could be peoples personal webpages running out of bandwidth. Just a guess in the dark... AS

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 4:40 AM

This is part of what I sent in IM to another member... it will give you some things to try. ********************************* Is it all and any Free Stuff from the free stuff section? Or any downloads at all (sometimes a thread will have downloads linked in it... Ockham, Baument, Geralday, SAMS, EdW, all come to mind)? Or any downloads from the Poser section of Free Stuff (but other sections might be ok)? Also, how full is your destination drive? I use WIN98 and it kicks up if the desktop is crowded or my swapfile is full. You might try downloading one of Ockham's scripts from within a thread and maybe a fractal or PhotoShop brush from the 2D section of Free Stuff... trying to isolate the problem by going for small items. If you can nab the little files, it might be a pipline problem... timing out? That will give you some things to try while I run the query down at this end.

JeniferC ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 1:25 PM

Try using Internet Explorer instead of the other browser. Like AgentSmith said, Renderosity doesn't host the FreeStuff files or the Animation ones so it could be browser settings or the individuals have maxed out their monthly bandwidth allowance on the personal sites. Thanks, Jenifer

kalon ( ) posted Sat, 18 September 2004 at 6:19 AM

Don't know if this helps, but I have run into this error when downloading from the Marketplace. I notice it tends to occur if I arrive too quickly at my account page to download, or after I've sat on the page and then try to download-- in other words, when I'm downloading a second product. So far, refreshing the page seems to fix the problem.

kalonart.com

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 18 September 2004 at 4:58 PM

There is another problem and solution, which may have a relationship. snipped from an IM (where permission to pass along the info was given): "Apparently Netscape 7.2 (unlike earlier versions) requires a "Preferences" entry to authorize, at some websites (like Renderosity), access to popups (I.e., bypassing its popup-blocker feature). I did this and now can access the Freebie downloads again. Hooray!" With several ISPs offering pop-up blockers and newer patches blocking automatically unless circumvented, this may be a problem cropping up again and again. People who hate ads might not think of the download window as a similar pop-up feature which needs approval. Carolly

ChrisRS ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 9:05 AM

I'm having the same problem - can't download anything and get the "no file specified" error. :( Chris

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 1:06 PM

Try refreshing your page, then hit the download button.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.