Thu, Sep 5, 8:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: realistic enough?

wildman2 ( ) posted Sat, 18 September 2004 at 2:09 AM · edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 1:12 AM

file_129371.jpg

modeled it in wings, rendered in br5.

"Reinstall Windows" is NOT a troubleshooting step.

pogmahone ( ) posted Sat, 18 September 2004 at 2:21 AM

Very nice modelling, but I'm not too sure about the texture - it looks a teenshy bit like "metal-effect" plastic rather than metal. Am I missing something, or is the base detached from the top?

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 18 September 2004 at 2:24 AM

Modeling is definetely realistic! A little lighting, a little texturing...photoreal, no prob. Yeah, you got a bit of magnetic floating there. ;o) AS

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

wildman2 ( ) posted Sat, 18 September 2004 at 2:38 AM

it's an exploded view,the angle doesn't show it very well.all the pieces are seperated from each other.. texture is supposed to be a brushed brass, hmmm, may need to up the bump a bit.

"Reinstall Windows" is NOT a troubleshooting step.

alexsm ( ) posted Sat, 18 September 2004 at 3:21 AM

look at white space on down of image, i thing u need down it more....

waldomac ( ) posted Sat, 18 September 2004 at 8:15 AM

Have you applied a reflection map? Like a picture of a living room with a big picture window or something. Your settings look like a good comprimise between diffuse and reflectivity, so, if a reflection map were applied, I believe it would be more realistic.

pogmahone ( ) posted Sat, 18 September 2004 at 12:27 PM

Attached Link: http://stevesartgallery.bryce-alive.net/tutorials/bryce/environment/reflective.html

By coincidence I was just checking out my Bryce tutorial booklinks this morning and noticed this one that looks good for reflective surfaces.......

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.