Fri, Sep 20, 6:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: A different way to pan

sailor_ed ( ) posted Sun, 19 September 2004 at 2:20 PM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 8:21 AM

Well, I'm back on the internet and got a few images to share over the next few days. Hope you all find something you enjoy. Its good to be back! Maybe it's just me but the pan tool in the assemble room as never really satisfied me. It sometimes behaves rather strangely. As a workaround I have found that you can use the "regular" tool in the following way: create a helper object; viewing through the directors camera move the regular camera so that its hot point coincides with the hot point of the helper object. You could probably use the align tool here. Then link the helper object and the camera. This can be done by dragging the helper object to the camera object in the properties tray. Then switch back to the regular camera. Using the normal controls the camera will now tilt and rotate about its own center. I find this easier when I want to "walk around" in a scene. Maybe there is an easier way? Incidentally I am posting from Burgeo in Newfoundland where we are spending the winter. Hmmmm.... (It's blowing a strong gale today!)

res1yfb1 ( ) posted Sun, 19 September 2004 at 2:24 PM

It is great to have you back....you have missed alot of great pics from everyone, since you have been gone. Thank you for this tip....did you know about carrara 4 coming next month? Kirk Saavedra www.shaders3d.com

sailor_ed ( ) posted Sun, 19 September 2004 at 2:44 PM

Thanks. Yeah, I'm blowing the moths out of my change purse:-) You're right about the images I've missed but I've tried to catch up and I got a few chances to "lurk" during the summer.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.