Sun, Sep 22, 12:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Texture Slide...?

ackbar ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2000 at 5:09 PM · edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 8:27 PM

I am trying to do a small animation in Bryce 4 and ran into a problem. When one of my props moves, the texture applied to it moves also. The texture stayes in the same place relative to the rest of the world; how do I make it follow the object like it should? Ackbar

Kurka ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2000 at 7:43 PM

I may be wrong, but I think that in the textures properties, you could set it relative to the object.

3ddave44 ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2000 at 7:16 AM

Yes, try as Kurka said - for the mapping mode (or type) use Object Space

Sinv-jica ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2000 at 3:23 PM

I thought object space is the one that makes it move, I thought you are supposed to use panaramic or world space to stop it from moving

3ddave44 ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2000 at 4:48 PM

No, World is like a continuous, stationery, 'invisible' version of a texture and the model textured in that mode displays (or is textured with) whatever is happening in the texture at the model's position at that point in the world space. If that's not clear then I will say that in contrast, Object Space binds the texture to the object (and its 'space') and therefore moves with it and stays put. like putting on a coat.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.