Wed, Sep 25, 3:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 2:58 pm)

Subject: Cloning/instancing in P5?

Svigor ( ) posted Wed, 22 September 2004 at 5:18 PM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 3:20 PM

Is there a way to create a copy of a light, in the same location as the existing light, with the same parameters? If not, is there a way to create a file containing all that info, then apply it to a new light?

KarenJ ( ) posted Wed, 22 September 2004 at 5:20 PM

Click somewhere in the parameter dial of the light you want to copy and press Ctrl+C, then make a new light, click again in parameter dials window and press Ctrl+V. That's the easiest/quickest way I've found; I don't think anyone's written a script to actually automatically clone a light.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Svigor ( ) posted Wed, 22 September 2004 at 5:33 PM · edited Wed, 22 September 2004 at 5:34 PM

Hi Karen that's plenty easy enough for me. I haven't used copy/paste in P5 at all except for renders, I tried it with the light selected in the (forget the name of it - the "drop-up" list below the doc window), I hadn't thought of doing it via the parameter window.

Thanks!

Message edited on: 09/22/2004 17:34

diolma ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 4:18 PM · edited Thu, 23 September 2004 at 4:21 PM

BTW, Svigor, the same thing is true for any set of parameter dials.
You can import a prop and position it. Ctl-C its parameters.
Then import another prop (same or different) and Ctl-V to set the parameters to be the same as the 1st prop.
This is a great time-saver if you are creating (just for example) 4 pillars/cylinders in a square:

• Import/load from library 1st pillar/cylinder (at trans 0/0/0)
  • Size appropriatly and move to positive position in x/z.
  • Ctrl-C the params.
  • Import/load 2nd.
  • Ctrl-V the params, then change XTrans to -ve.
  • Ctrl-C the params
  • Import 3rd
  • Ctrl-V the params, change ZTrans to -ve.
  • Ctrl-C the params
  • Import 4th
  • Ctrl-V the params, change XTrans back to +ve.

Voila! 4 identical pillars/cylinders in a perfect rectangle:-))

And it works for body-parts too...

Cheers,
Diolma

Message edited on: 09/23/2004 16:21

diolma ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 4:22 PM

Drat! got the editing wrong. But I expect you get the drift, anyway..:-) Cheers, Diolma

Svigor ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 8:40 PM

Thanks for the added tip diolma.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.