Tue, Oct 22, 4:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Realistic blood??

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 9:26 AM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 4:19 AM

file_130413.jpg

Custom X-box splash screen for a friend. Is the blood realistic? Should I give it less transparency?

Yoro ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 9:45 AM

Would say it looks a bit like tomato ketchup. Less transparency would be fine, and perhaps also less bump.

erosiaart ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 9:46 AM

less transparency.. and a liitle less plasticy..or a bit more thicky..it looks like sticky red stuff stretching as it goes down...also....deeper red...(me seen too much blood.. at hospital visits when my mom was around, and now my dad...) sorry..my stupid thoughts on it...

erosiaart ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 9:47 AM

i agree with yoro..lessen the bump...

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 10:23 AM

Thanks Yoro and erosiaart.

Svaelt ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 2:02 PM

looks like jam. A darker color might help. And remove the Bumpmap..

TobinLam ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 7:04 PM

It also looks like you have two seperate bits of blood that aren't really connected well at the blade edge.

brittmccary ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 7:48 PM

Blood and blood are different things. If it pours out of your arteries, it's pink. Almost orange and very "watery". If it's vein blood it's thick, non transparent, shiny. Almost like what you've got.. Only darker. And that is sticky. While the other stuff is not. Hmm.... I'd say that you have the pulse blood pretty closely. Only. It needs to be darker. And it's a bit more "runny" than you show off of the edge of the blade. makes sense??

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 9:13 PM

Thanks Svaelt, TobinLam and brittmccary. I will make corrections.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.