Mon, Sep 23, 8:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:52 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: The coolest thing I ever made, Flight Vehicle Construction Set!! Sci-fi

davo ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 1:49 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 8:19 AM

file_130453.jpg

Hi guys and dolls, I just got finished uploading my newest product to Daz, hopefully they will have it in the store very, very soon. I've created the F.V.C.S. set which allows you to take several flight related cockpits, wings, body modules, weapons, etc and put them together to form your own flight craft. Now you can have a little interaction in the design of your own ships. The package comes with a basic military green texture theme that matches my L.C.V.1 Cargo Vessel, but I've gone one step further and created some addition texture schemes that kick butt, when I did my first test render, I was blown away. For those who are a little less adept at design, I have included some pre assembled craft which is in the figure library, and I would enourage any users to upload new designs/configurations (cr2 and rsr's only) as freebies. Take a look at the promo images, comments are always welcome and encouraged. ps. before anybody asks, I will be doing a similar package to this one that deals with ground vehicles, tanks, transports, etc. There will be tank tread modules, hover modules, wheels, and more weapons of course. Davo

davo ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 1:50 PM

file_130454.jpg

more..

davo ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 1:50 PM · edited Fri, 24 September 2004 at 1:51 PM

file_130455.jpg

Here is one of the 2 alternative texture packs that will also be available..

Message edited on: 09/24/2004 13:51

davo ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 1:51 PM

file_130457.jpg

Here is the second alternative texture packs.

EricJ ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 2:54 PM

Sweet!!!! I must have this set NOW!!! The ground vehicle set would be great as well. How about a pack fior designing larger ships?

jaybutton ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 3:31 PM

Looks fantastic! Any idea of the price? Thanks! Jay

davo ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 3:34 PM

Hi Guys, Thanks for the kind words. I'm looking at around 19.99 for the Construction set and 9.99 for the texture packs, there will be an introductory sale on top of that. Eric: Larger ships are on the list of things to do, stuff like orbital ships and heavy crushers and the lot. Davo

William ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 3:42 PM

An excellent idea. Love the look of the modules. How detailed are the cockpit interiors Davo? Looking forward to seeing the land vehicles. A request for these. How about including a bulldozer-type blade and a extendable crane with grab? Thanks for creating these usefull vehicles!

libernull ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 3:47 PM

Davo - what an amazingly versatile idea! Great job!

SydneyKeys ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 3:49 PM

You better be planning one Hell of an encore'

Richard T ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 4:23 PM

Oh No! Off to DAZ Now!

Katoran ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 4:37 PM

Very nice. Definitely has a "Terran Expeditionary Force" flavor in the construction. Any chance of seeing a Mecha add-on pack, i.e, posable leg, torso and arm sets that you can attach these things too? Baring that, any chance of a companion "alien" set with the rounded, claw-like, or spiky shapes favored by the Klingon/Kilrathi/Predator types out there? :) Or a "Build your own Bug Ship" set, for those races that breed their ships rather than building them? :)

davo ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 4:50 PM

file_130458.jpg

William, The cockpit interior walls are textured, but I did not construct any dedicated consoles or seating because I wanted this package to remail versatile. I created my S.F.C.S. Equipment package in mind to be able to be used for this purpose. The render shows how you can set up the equipment inside the cockpit however you want it. Katoran, Next on my list is the ground vehicle construction set that will be similarly styled to this one, perhaps future sets can have a more alien style motife :-) Davo

Dave-So ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 5:30 PM

great stuff... and now ground vehicles...I'm really in tune to those... wow :)

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

vulcanis ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 5:45 PM

This is sweet! I can't wait=).....I suppose I have to,lol. But I really don't want to.

Coleman ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 6:28 PM

Wow!! This rocks, Davo! Great price too

sturkwurk ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 6:58 PM

Pure genius Private note, man am I behind on renders or what? sheesh. Doug

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

davo ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 7:02 PM

smack... smack... smack... Consider yourself spanked Doug... heh heh.. Email me at home or IM me :-) Davo

Walt Sterdan ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 7:22 PM

Outstanding. Congratulations, it's beautiful. Credit card standing by... -- Walt Sterdan, Freelance

thorntoa ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 7:50 PM

Cool! Cool! Cool! . . . This is like the Japanese Doga program on Steroids!

Allan Thornton

Styxx ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 8:11 PM

This is a damn fine idea!! Reminds me of playing with really high tech lego! Super kit!

William ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 9:56 PM

OK. Thanks for the sample render of a cockpit. That does make sense. And looks pretty good. Don't forget the request for the land vehicles. Love to have the option of having armoured recovery vehicles or planetary exploration/mining craft as well as anti grav tanks etc.

Philywebrider ( ) posted Sat, 25 September 2004 at 1:34 AM

WOW!

Sherlock ( ) posted Sat, 25 September 2004 at 10:10 AM

Incredible, Davo. Hurry up and take my money!

Havock ( ) posted Sat, 25 September 2004 at 2:27 PM

woah, neat. where can i get it without needing a credit card? :p

ElorOnceDark ( ) posted Sun, 26 September 2004 at 9:19 PM

Wow!...this...is...so...friggin'...cool! I love Styxx analogy!

ghoyle1 ( ) posted Mon, 27 September 2004 at 9:20 PM

Havock, Check out Paypal. You don't need a credit card for that!

ghoyle1 ( ) posted Mon, 27 September 2004 at 9:20 PM

OW! OW! OW! (Sound of my credit card burning a hole in my pocket)

davo ( ) posted Tue, 28 September 2004 at 1:31 PM

Attached Link: http://secure.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=2666

Hi Guys!! Okay ghoyle1, you can put out the fire.. the whole thing us up for sale at daz now!!! YAAY!!! William: I won't forget the construction type add-ons :-) It was already something I was mulling over anyway. Havock: I'm not sure about daz's purchase methods, you might be able to use paypal as ghoyle suggests :-) Have fun folks, and check out Sturkwurk's render: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=773559 it's totally cool! Remember, if you put together a cool ship and you feel like sharing, parent the parts and send me the cr2 and rsr, I'll put host them on my site as free stuff :-) Davo

Richard T ( ) posted Tue, 28 September 2004 at 2:09 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Off to DAZ now. smile

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.