Sat, Oct 5, 9:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Technical Help pasting HTML in my URL

suziar ( ) posted Sat, 25 September 2004 at 12:24 PM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 6:06 AM

Hi, I would like the renderosity banner to load in a new browser window. However, it doesn't make much sense to me to paste in html that only says previous, next 15, and so on and have the person who is in my site go to renderosity and get completely lost in what the previous, next and so on are doing without being able to come back. There is no banner, only text for the three offerings. Please explain. Thanks Suziar

Suede ( ) posted Sat, 25 September 2004 at 6:25 PM

if you put target="_blank" in the A tag - it will open up in a new window, is that what you are looking for? HTH - Suede

suziar ( ) posted Sat, 25 September 2004 at 9:47 PM

Thank you, yes, but can you tell me which A Tag?!? And can we remove previous site and next site? I think it is enough to have a line for a link to renderosity.com and refer member. Thank you, Suede! Suziar Renderosity Web Ring
Previous 15 | Previous Site | Next Site | Next 15 (text opens in same browser window)

suziar ( ) posted Sat, 25 September 2004 at 11:09 PM

Hi Suede, I don't find the banner HTML to work, that I got from renderosity. this is the way I copied it, and I wanted to leave out the bottom paragraphs that talk about previous and next. but when I copied it in just the way renderosity had it, it didn't make a banner. let me know if this is allowed. Below it will come up, this is for the banner ad. It was listed under: want to get a sponsor ad for your page? It says banner, and jpg on this HTML code, but it doesn't come up in the site ad ons in Tripod Lycos. I can get other HTML to come up there. all I get from this one is the Previous 15, etc, and I want to leave that line out if I may. I'll see if it comes up here. Thanks, Suziar ==================

go to Renderosity
Previous 15 | Previous Site | Next Site | Next 15

Suede ( ) posted Sun, 26 September 2004 at 1:26 AM

Hiyas! :) OK - rather then explain a bunch of stuff I am going to break my own cardinal rule and actually just post the code that should do the trick for you, ok? This is the code that you currently are using - go to Renderosity

Previous 15 | Previous Site | Next Site | Next 15 Use this code instead to make each link open in new windows - go to Renderosity

Previous 15 | Previous Site | Next Site | Next 15 What makes it a webring is that it offers the viewer the option of next 15 and previous 15 sites - the image used is the Renderosity Webring image: go to Renderosity If you have added your own site to the Renderosity WebRing - then you should use this image with the next/previous stuff - just as a courtesy to the other folks that have registered their sites to the webring [it's how webrings work] "This ring benefits the entire community by directing traffic to all Sponsor sites." I don't know how stringently the rules are enforced regarding renderosity disabling a webring entrant - but to just have the image to renderosity and not to the other folks on the ring may be enough to cause you to accidentally nullify your referrer account. The reason you may not be showing an image is you need to make a directory called 'banners' on your website and upload render.jpg to there - right click the banner image in this post above and Save to Disk so you can upload it to your server to a banner directory. Once it is in there - you will see it on your page. if you need further help - just let me know and I'll be happy to help. You can reach me at halfgodofallthatsqueekswhensteppedon@mikenron.net hehe :) HTH! ~ Suede

suziar ( ) posted Sun, 26 September 2004 at 3:15 AM

Hi Suede,Your code worked except for the banner. I don't know how to create a banner directory on Tripod Trellix Site Builder for my homepage, nor on my other web site on Domain Direct; but I just realized I could create a link to Renderosity on my site by typing in www.renderosity.com and creating a link, and pasting the code for text links beneath it. I just did it on both of my sites and it works. I added text about joining the Web Ring too. You can see it at Jazz Art Images; www.jazzartimages.com and click on the navigation link called Digital Art. It is at the bottom of the page. Green text and no banner.You can also see it on Studio Exhibits, click also on the Digital Art on the navigation link. I replied to your e-mail but this public e-mail supercedes it. Let me know if this suffices for the web ring, and interesting artists to join renderosity. Thanks for your help. TFYH. Suziar

Suede ( ) posted Sun, 26 September 2004 at 6:23 AM · edited Sun, 26 September 2004 at 6:24 AM

NP!

no problemo, hehe :)

Loved the email - thanks! I emailed you back with something that might help with the banner image - saw your site and looks like will be a lot of fun as it grows! We all start at the same place so it's always cool to see folks learning this stuff, and once you learn more you'll see it really DOES make sense hehe :)

duck.jpgPlease always feel free to ask if you ever have a question - or just want to say hi [I'm so lonely hehe]
halfgodofallthatsqueekswhensteppedon@mikenron.net

Thanks again, and good luck! :)
~ Suede

Message edited on: 09/26/2004 06:24

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.