Sat, Sep 21, 12:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:22 am)

Subject: Has anyone upgraded a foreign version of P4 to P5 ?

Simbad6 ( ) posted Mon, 27 September 2004 at 10:39 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:21 PM

Hi ! This is a question for users of non english versions of Poser (german/french) : I have a French version of Poser 4. Can I upgrade it with the english version of Poser 5 upgrade ? As you know, in those versions of P4, there are 2 library folders : one called "library" and the other called the same in the other language (in my case "bibliothue"). What will happen to the "Bibliothue" folder when I upgrade ? Will I have to copy its content manually in the new library folder ? I asked the question to Curious Lab but they couldn't answer as they say they are overwhelmed with spams and viruses !

BCEmcke ( ) posted Mon, 27 September 2004 at 1:00 PM

I upgraded from the German version and if I remember correctly I had to rename the folders. Everything worked fine after that. I think you have to rename the pose, the expression and light folders and so on as well. (That was the case in the German version.) Bjn

Tintifax ( ) posted Mon, 27 September 2004 at 4:00 PM

I upgraded also from the German version, but as my upgrade was a German one, there was no need to rename any folder. The upgrade worked with the German and the English folder names as well. Try to get a French upgrade to avoid renaming... - Walter

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Mon, 27 September 2004 at 6:47 PM

Pardon me if I'm mistaken, but there is really no "upgrade" version of Poser. In otherwords, all Poser versions are "full" versions. The only difference is that you pay less if you have a previous version of Poser.

Simbad6 ( ) posted Tue, 28 September 2004 at 10:37 AM

Bobbie : Do you mean that you can install a Poser 5 "upgrade" even if you don't have Poser 4 on your computer ? (of course, as far as you have provided the serial number of your Poser 4) P.S.: There is no French upgrade, otherwise, it would have been too easy ! :)

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Tue, 28 September 2004 at 2:37 PM

Yes, you get the same version of Poser 5, whether or not you pay the upgrade price. Believe me on this, I confirmed it with Curious Labs myself, 2 years ago. Simply put, Curious Labs gives you a break in the price of Poser 5 if you own a qualifying previous version.

Simbad6 ( ) posted Tue, 28 September 2004 at 10:13 PM

Good to know. Thank you.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.