Sat, Sep 21, 2:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: New Mini Challenge

pstekky ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 12:20 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:47 AM

Not looking for the next great masterpiece, however, looking for a fun image. I am going to throw down the gauntlet and ask to see who can:
Come up with the best "photo" from a National Inquirer type magazine.
You know, the one that has pictures of "Bat Boy", "Dog Boy", I think I saw Pres. Bush hugging an alien (again), Skeletons have been found in interesting places... OK, Get the idea?
Stretch your talents, push yourself. Try things you haven't tried before. THere are lots of folks here that can walk you through the crunchy bits.
No prizes, just the fun of something new.
Chellenge entries need to be in by midnight Sept 30th.
Winner will be chosen by the masses.
PLEASE POST your WIP (Work In Progres) if you like. Suggestions and tips from others always helps, and it may help newer users find new ways to do things.
Be careful of copywrited material
This is a PHOTOSHOP challenge. Find photos, take photos, use a tablet or mouse and draw, just use Photoshop the best way YOU can. :)

OK, Any questions? Good, Now go out and find an Alien Abduction! ~ Rich edit This is just the photograph. If you would like to add headlines and text, thats OK, but the challenge is just for the image. :) Other groups separate challenges into divisions. If there is interest, we can do this as well, New User, Advanced User, Master User? This one I'll leave up to feedback, (and see if more than 2 or 3 of us put an image together LOL)

Message edited on: 09/16/2004 12:23

aprilgem ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 10:28 AM

Attached Link: Found on the San Diego coast: A Mermaid!

I already have one like that in the link. :)

pstekky ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 4:19 PM

Beautiful job! Great postwork on that image. I really like that one a lot! As I tell my class, (with a smile, of course) "Now, do another one." :) I'm gone for the rest of the weekend, but I hope to see a few pictures when I get back. Have fun! ~ Rich

Ravyns ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 5:47 PM

Your Mermaid is beautiful & I love the water..

**************************************************************************************

Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're here we should dance.

aprilgem ( ) posted Sat, 18 September 2004 at 1:55 AM

Thanks! And I would do another one if I had the free time. The rest of the month (and quite possibly the rest of the year) is booked with a bunch of other commissions I have to do. I'll keep an eye out for this thread though! Not only do I want to see what other people do, but I want to post another image for this topic one day, too. :)

Satanimus ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 2004 at 9:13 AM

Not that it matters but for added inspiration, Does the winner get to decide the next challenge as with some of the other forums?

Gods need mortals to believe in them or they die, if gods die are they not mortal, and if they are mortal...why then do we call them gods??.

pstekky ( ) posted Tue, 21 September 2004 at 10:08 AM

Greetings all, I'm back. (Not that you knew I was gone, but...) I think the winner choosing the next topic is a fine idea. Now, I need to get to work, yall have had a head start. :) ~ Rich

pstekky ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 12:45 PM

Nothing much, but I thought I had better upload something, as this was my idea! LOL Hope to see some others by tomorrow midnight or yall are just handing the win over to Aprilgem. :)

pstekky ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 12:45 PM

file_129057.jpg

Nothing much, but I thought I had better upload something, as this was my idea! LOL Hope to see some others by tomorrow midnight or yall are just handing the win over to Aprilgem. :)

Ravyns ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 1:26 PM

file_129058.jpg

Ok.. Here's another one. It's Goofy at best but if you look close it maybe gets the actual message across. Here's a link to larger image.. http://members.tripod.com/ravynsworld/ghostlyletters.jpg

**************************************************************************************

Satanimus ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 8:24 PM

file_129059.jpg

I hope this meets the challenge criteria. :)

Gods need mortals to believe in them or they die, if gods die are they not mortal, and if they are mortal...why then do we call them gods??.

Satanimus ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 8:28 PM

By the way, Happy Halloween right back Ravynsworld. :) :)

pstekky ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 9:03 PM

LOL, A+ to you both. Goofy works in my book any time. :)

Ravyns ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 12:16 PM

That's one classy dog pstekky
Love the dragons Satanimus
I know it's a little early but Happy Halloween to everyone.

pstekky ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 11:08 AM

Midnight has come and gone, there are only a few to choose from. Do we vote, or consider ourselves all winners for creating an image to begin with. :) Either way, Cast your votes, and make suggestions for this months October challenge. Besides Halloween, there is also Octoberfest, (just a reminder) Good job all ~ Rich

Satanimus ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 5:13 PM

How are we supposed to vote, I mean come on we can't vote for ourselves.... However if we must, Much as I love the Dog pstekky, my vote has to go to Ghostly letters :), is there an official way to vote by the way? But I've got an idea for Octobers challenge.... Howsabout creating something that combines Hallowe'en & Octoberfest,(Octowe'en or Hallowfest).. Can I suggest entries be in by midnight Oct 30th I would also like to suggest that we let it be known in some (or all) of the other forums that we have a challenge, try to get more entrants...

Ravyns ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 5:38 PM

Thanks Much for the vote Satanimus.
I like all the images so if it's Ok with everyone, I'll just vote for all of them.

Good idea for the October challenge.

You're right. The Photoshop challenges need more promotion. Announcing it in other forums is a good idea.
They also have a challenge forum. Maybe it could announced there & link back to this one. We could ask rimrunner about that.

Satanimus ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 6:28 PM

I think calling it a draw is a great idea Ravynsworld, so is linking back here from the challenge forum, what do you reckon pstekky?

Satanimus ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 7:00 PM

By the way, we ARE talking about the Bavarian beer festival aren't we??

pstekky ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 1:46 AM

Alright, It's official. The winner is a tie! (hehe, I hate voting on these things too.) I'll let the Rhino group know of the October challenge, that's my normal stomping grounds. Unless other suggestions come in, I'll go along with the Halloween/Octorberfest idea. Haunted breweries, ghostly keggars, phantom brew, lots of things to shoot for. And Bavarian or other, Octoberfest generally brings to mind the Swiss Alps, Bavaria and men in skirts. So, Any other challenge suggestions before the word is spread?

Satanimus ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 2004 at 4:20 PM

Well I'm prejudiced due to it being my idea but I say... "LET'S GO FOR IT" :) :) :) "hic, buurrp!! Bloodymary anyone? hehehe..

gunsan ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 2004 at 4:56 PM

file_129060.jpg

Thanks Satanimus for remembering me of Photoshop Forum, it was a long time since I visited here, time doesn't allow me to do all I want. Maybe my Leopeagel can fit in this thread, a nature freak once made for a theme in 2D Foum about unbelievable creatures.

Satanimus ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 2004 at 5:36 PM

Luv the Beastie gunsan, you've covered my g/friends 2 favs, Unfortunatly this challenge is out of date, but it'd be great if you entered our October challenge... It'd also be cool if you could remind some others about this forum. ;) :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.