Thu, Sep 19, 9:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Playing in the Crystal Palace...pre-final final

brycetech ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 12:33 AM · edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 12:59 AM

file_131392.jpg

I had to stop this little project temporarily. I cant tie my computer up so long saving the file for a while. So here is the almost final picture. I may redo the heads of the larger statues.

what am I going to do with it? use it in shows later to show what can be done with bryce.

stats?
732 mb
takes 21 hours to save (that is not a typo)

a zillion objects and textures and primitives. I broke bryce 2x making this (hit its upper limit for max number of a single primitive 2x)

and I'd like to thank bryster and drac for the inspiration to make this model. I hadnt been inspired to make a picture in forever...and this was a huge amount of fun! so thanx guys!
My machine:
winxp home, 2.8 ghz pentium processor, 2 gigs ram, and a partridge in a pearrrr treeeeeeeeee
:)

David
BT

Message edited on: 09/30/2004 00:35

jasonmit ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 12:42 AM

Incredible.

xenic101 ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 1:04 AM

Damn. Bleep, bleeping damn.

xenic101 ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 1:14 AM

file_131393.jpg

He had to give them googly eyes, that's how you know it not the original pic.

pogmahone ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 1:18 AM

file_131394.jpg

oops, sorry deleted my previous post, to upload pic, here's the (edited) post again, which xenic is responding to. They're too speedy on this forum! **lol....you win!!!

but but but the eyes on the main statue are a bit googly - look like they're meant to have originated in Jericho rather than Egypt. I find that the eyes and the black dots (the shadows under the snakes' heads) on the head-dresses dominate the picture in some way, distract the eye from what's going on elsewhere. The eyes in the ref pic are looking downward slightly, and have visible eyelids. my 0.02 cents' worth.**

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 1:19 AM

WOW. HIGHLY impressive work. Excellent recreation.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 2:22 AM

wow! very impressive! but, there is a max number of a single primitive?? I've never stumbled at a limit like that yet :| how many objects is the limit?

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

RodsArt ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 2:57 AM

Whoa BT, Stunning likeness!

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 6:45 AM

Excellent job. It is great that you have the patience to wait for a 21 hour save. If I cannot save in 30 or 40 minutes, I usually think Bryce is broken.

Flak ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 8:27 AM

I am seriously impressed, BT. And I was wondering where my partridge had gone - my computer is running much slower now that there's nothing pushing the treadmill around ;)

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

Colette1 ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 9:32 AM

whoa! Stunning!

Slakker ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 3:40 PM

So...it's almost identical to the reference picture...that's crazy.

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 6:20 PM

oh..the technical name for that would likely be penultimate.. (the next to last of something..handy things, those Romans..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

brittmccary ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 7:47 PM

Holy molly! And I thought I'd been fighting rendering my entry to this months challenge!! lol mine only took 30 mins. to save... but a week to render... Dear Brycetech... where can I buy more patience??? Uh... and your talent and skills!!! ;) Great job!

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 8:52 PM
Forum Moderator

Are you gonna colour this or what? ;-) Glad we inspired you. We'll have to try something REALLY difficult next time!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 9:27 AM

We'll have to try something REALLY difficult next time! wait till my harddisk is fixed and I can get some storagespace and you can count me in! :D

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.