Wed, Sep 25, 3:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 2:58 pm)

Subject: I have more than 100 items in one of my libraries' folder...

providence ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 5:27 AM ยท edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 3:15 PM

I have more than 100 items in one of my libraries' folder... and all my thumbnails had vanished... how can I get them back, without having to delete some items in the concerning folder... I know I've seen a tip about that somewhere...

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 6:42 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1938584

Quoting Lucifer The Dark: go to your Runtimeprefs folder & open LibraryPrefs.xml in your favourite editor. The line you want (4th line down) to change is: LibraryPreferences curFolder="2" previewNum="100" > I changed mine to this: LibraryPreferences curFolder="2" previewNum="1000" > Probably overkill but it does the trick ;) don't forget to backup first.

rockets ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 8:39 AM

EnglishBob, I assume this only works in P5. Any cures for P4 except PBooost?

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 9:03 AM

The situation is different for Poser 4 - there, although the hard coded limit is 256, the file names often start getting truncated well before that point. Other than organising your library better, there's no cure. :) PBooost won't get around the 256 item limit, it just enables you to move stuff "out of the way" when you aren't using it. I use a similar system, but it's manually operated with the help of P3dO Explorer.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 2:04 PM

I suggest moving some of the files into a new folder.

Svigor ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 2:23 PM

The problem I have with moving folders around is that it seems to come back and bite me; when I've moved MAT folders around, and subsequently used them, I've had to track down every referenced file. Is there a way to know what folders one shouldn't move? Is it just MAT and MATPose files that behave this way?

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 2:40 PM

MAT files don't give me any trouble, I must say; I usually stuff them in the Cameras library where there's more room, and change .pz2 into .cm2 accordingly. I've never had an occurrence of lost textures as a result of that - if they worked before, they worked afterwards. I realise how little help that is to you. :/ As far as I know, the only poses you mustn't move are the DAZ INJ and REM folders, which are (wrongly) referenced by some character packages. You also mustn't move the !DAZ folder, but since that doesn't appear in the libraries or suffer from the limits, that isn't a hardship.

Svigor ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 4:42 PM

As far as I know, the only poses you mustn't move are the DAZ INJ and REM folders, which are (wrongly) referenced by some character packages. Ah, okay, maybe that's what the problem was. Doh! I have all my DAZ morphs in subfolders, and I've been loath to put the MAT folders in subfolders. Sounds like I have it backwards neh? CorrectReference Pro easily takes care of any problems encountered by moving things around. I'll have to take a closer look at CR P.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.