Thu, Sep 19, 9:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Absolutely ridiculous

draculaz ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 8:30 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:42 AM

"I'll made your day - took my freebie down due to your humiliation efforts. Had a look at your site - honestly, not much to see there. I also downloaded some of your freebies -not a simple cube in sight, only imported stuff. All you need for your renders, hm? I've been a member of Renderosity for many years, but I have never before met this kind of mockery against freebies. But you look young and imature so I guess you think you made a joke." It's not a frickin' mockery against freebies. They might be 'imported', but they're top quality products that would otherwise bring me money to pay for the 20 gigs of bandwidth I waste every month with their FREE download. Childish and immature would be taking your own freebies down because you got offended at some other person's take on.. on what? a joke on boolean modelling? God, that means I only need to post a boob in the poser gallery and they'll be all gone. How ridiculous is that? Drac

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 8:50 AM

Don't sweat the small stuff, Drac..some people wouldn't be happy if they were hung with a new rope..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

draculaz ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 8:53 AM

i realize the guy has a chip on his shoulder, and his grasp of english isn't exactly top notch, but wtf. no, really, i was targetting him. solely him. it's actually a site-wide conspiracy.

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 8:56 AM

Some people are actually assholes disguised as people.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 8:56 AM

He probably didn't understand the context in which you posted it. (Or had a humourectomy)

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

draculaz ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 8:58 AM

maxxx: i should know =) phil: obviously. but it still annoys me

Ardiva ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 11:00 AM

Drac...He had to take HIS freebie down due to YOUR humilation efforts?? Ok..I just got up and I haven't had my second cup of coffee yet, so this sounds pretty confusing to me right now.

sackrat ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 11:04 AM

Or maybe he has a bad case of humoroids ? Wouldn't worry about it. Things are the way they are or else they'd be different.

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

Ang25 ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 11:06 AM

I don't understand it either, sounds like Drac made a comment that offended him about a freebie of his?

Colette1 ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 11:30 AM

I'm lost, seem to have missed something along the way?

danamo ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 11:34 AM

Sheesh! Some people just do not get conceptual humor! An appreciation of satire, parody, irony, or just plain wit is beyond them. Try as you might, nobody is loved by everybody,lol.

tjohn ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 11:49 AM

Wow...that makes as much sense as if Drac had gotten mad at me for suggesting his cube was plagiarizing mine (I only did it because I knew he'd know I was joking). And Drac, if old=mature, then take it from me, there was nothing immature about the inherent humor in posting a cube in free stuff. I'm still laughing. John

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

kaom ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 1:57 PM

Now you need to start working on a Sphere for us to download.. Do you think you could model one by tonight? lol.. I personally thought the Cube download was hilarious, but then I like that kind of humor..

RobertJ ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 2:02 PM · edited Fri, 01 October 2004 at 2:03 PM

I think there are more who find this hilarious, you still need aproval for your free-stuf right?

Message edited on: 10/01/2004 14:03

Robert van der Veeke Basugasubasubasu Basugasubakuhaku Gasubakuhakuhaku!! "Better is the enemy of good enough." Dr. Mikoyan of the Mikoyan Gurevich Design Bureau.

Ang25 ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 2:02 PM

I'm getting it, now after seeing the thread about the cube dl.

pumecobann ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 2:07 PM

Tut tut tut...you been at it again drac? ...so who's the victim? I'm being friendly of course ;-)

The wait can be horrific, but the outcome can be worse - pumeco 2006

Zhann ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 2:45 PM

I found the humor in the 'cube' download refreshing, I missed the freebie in freestuff, which I gather was just a primitive as well. Some people are thin skinned, as I'm sure we all have been at some time or other. You keep us all legit, Drac, don't sweat it. Don't worry, be happy...=)

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

kimpe ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 4:20 PM

Sheeze, (I can't stop laughing). Some take everything so seriously.

bandolin ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 5:29 PM

LOL! I missed the cube, darn. Hey drac, I'm in desparate need of a flat plane. Do you mind? Don't spend more than 20 hours on it, really, it'll be in the background ;-)

<strong>bandolin</strong><br />
[Former 3DS Max forum coordinator]<br />
<br />
<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php">Homepage</a> ||
<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/mod/sitemail/">SiteMail</a> ||
<a href="http://excalibur.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=70375">
Gallery</a> || <a href="http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?username=bandolin">
Freestuff</a>
<p><em>Caution: just a hobbyist</em></p>

Arianod ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 7:13 PM

Sorry I missed the cube, too! It's still up, isn't it? One can never have too many cubes! And a fine one it must be. ;) So... cubes offend people? lee..confused, but chuckling..

Colette1 ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 8:18 PM · edited Fri, 01 October 2004 at 8:22 PM

kaom..you don't need him to model a sphere....you can create one with TEH CUBE!
bandolin...You should be able to make your plane with it too! So go download it today!!!LOL

TEH CUBE!
As soon as AS gives it the go-ahead, this absolutely perfect model will become the top download for all Brycers! It's perfect, it's flawless, it's FREE! You can create anything with it, even a sphere! DOWNLOAD IT TODYA!

Message edited on: 10/01/2004 20:21

Message edited on: 10/01/2004 20:22

draculaz ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 8:20 PM

thunder stealer :P

Colette1 ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 8:23 PM

?

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 9:17 PM

"You had to be there" Otherwise the joke would make no sense. Don't pet the sweaty stuff, drac. Er...or somthing like that. AS

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 9:37 PM

dang, that was gonna be my first freebie..and actual UV-mapped cube, with different colors..;) ah well..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 9:52 PM

Actually, a uvmapped cube would be cool to refer people to. It always comes up once in a while, someone wanting to apply 6 different pics to a cube. (Although their are obviously other ways of doing it) Different strokes for different folks. AS

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Quest ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 11:20 PM

Drac, this sounds funny and Im sorry I missed it. Maybe you should have challenged him to see who modeled the better cube. :)

pogmahone ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 1:10 AM · edited Sat, 02 October 2004 at 1:14 AM

Can't even begin to understand what's going on in the first post. Did someone have freebies online, that they thought Drac was mocking?

also confused lol, maybe it's someone taking the p**s out of Drac? Wouldn't be too difficult to dream up a message like that. But isn't it against the TOS to publish IMs in threads?

Message edited on: 10/02/2004 01:14

tjohn ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 1:18 AM

Only if you give the member's name, I think. And not the TOS, just AgentSmith's policy, and a fair one.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.