Wed, Sep 18, 3:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OT: ZEEEEEEEERG RUUUUUUUUUSH art exhibition. insect lovers look away :)

draculaz ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 8:28 AM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 11:08 AM

Attached Link: http://www.jenniferangus.com/exhibitions/exhibit1.htm

file_131829.jpg

got this from a forward. i usually tell people who send me forwards that i'll do terrible things to them if they repeat it, but in this case i thanked the guy.

Message edited on: 10/02/2004 08:28

erosiaart ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 8:58 AM

It's gorgeous, amazing, creative, original, but rather gross. I wonder how she collects so many insects, and preserves them? pardon my ignorance here..but doesn't that chemical used to preserve dead bodies and insects stick??? How does she do it then?

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 9:19 AM

It's more artistic than half a cow at least.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Colette1 ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 10:12 AM

I wouldn't want to trip and fall into the wall! shudders But it is interestingly beautiful.

pogmahone ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 11:08 AM

I don't think 'art' is worth killing any living thing for. I recently saw a catalogue for an artist who again makes beautiful-looking work, but it's all made with white mice that she turns into finger-puppets :o(

Colette1 ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 11:45 AM

eew! uses white mice to make finger puppets? Now that's sounds gross to me.

wildman2 ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 12:24 PM

hmmm ,now just where would one put the finger to use it.

"Reinstall Windows" is NOT a troubleshooting step.

pogmahone ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 12:56 PM

yeah, laughed when I re-read my post. She takes just the front half of the body, from the chest up. Reminds of those grotesque set-pieces that were so popular in the nineteenth century, stuffed kittens playing cards.

pauljs75 ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 3:25 PM

What I'm wondering is how somebody manages to collect that many insects. I know there's a lot of 'em, but catching 'em is another thing.

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

Quest ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 6:17 PM

Hummmm, nothing like sadomasochistic art to make you rethink your lifes ambition. Anyway, seems a tad better than making a statue of the Madonna out of poo.

pogmahone ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 2:36 AM

I'd imagine that she breeds them specifically for the projects. What lucky little insects, that they're nice and colourful to suit her....finally, they have a reason to live (and die immediately).

Zhann ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 5:11 AM

How frightening and yet intriging, kinds draws you in, although I wouldn't want to be her when insects revolt, she must be on the top of their 'most wanted' list...;]

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

icandigit ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 8:38 AM

bugs are very easy to collect... and the neat thing about bugs is that they "harden" after death... (nice and crispy, just like fried chicken) and let me tell you this people... it is WAR!!! the bugs against us, and never forget it. when you see them, kill them. destroy, destroy, destroy!!! do not be taken by their gentle guise, or the role they play for the environment. that is their strategy. they are feeding, breeding, and slowing building an army to take over the world. to take over US. a virus is their bomb. the poisons they factor and harvest are slowly killing us. take heed fellow humans... kill the bugs! neat pic :) i imagine it is really only 6 actual bugs tho, cleverly arranged in a cloned pattern of sorts...

pogmahone ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 11:39 AM

nope - you can see on the site that she's covered wall with them

Zhann ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 7:34 PM

@icandigit, maybe cut back on the caffeine a little...:)

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.