Wed, Sep 18, 10:54 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 8:37 pm)

Subject: Poser 5 Snake?

ketok ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 6:09 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 1:23 AM

I need a Poser snake model. I thought one was supposed to come with Poser but all I have in my animals folder is Angelfish, Cat, Dog, Dolphin, Frog, Horse, Lion and Raptor. I've googled this to death......nothing. But I see images of snakes made with Poser so I know one must exist. Grrrrrr. Can anyone help me. thanks

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 6:16 PM

Do a search in the marketplace for "snakes". There are quite a few. Noggins is very good :)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 6:17 PM

Funny you should ask, because I'm using the Poser 5 snake right now. :) In the Animals folder, you'll find "Rattler", between Raptor and Wolf. By the way, they're all the "good" old P4 (or possibly earlier) animals, too.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

ketok ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 6:19 PM

That's really wierd....my last animal is Raptor. I have the Mac version of Poser 5.... might that be the reason for the omission?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 6:21 PM

Dunno. Mine is the PC version. Do you have all the updates? I'm not sure what they all do but maybe there's some content missing without the updates.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

ketok ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 6:21 PM

That's really wierd....my last animal is Raptor. I have the Mac version of Poser 5.... might that be the reason for the omission?

ketok ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 6:24 PM

....ok thanks...I'm researching the updates @ Curious Labs.. Regarding Noggin's Poser Python .... it says PC only. ?? But aren't all Poser source files the same? Any thoughts.

1010 ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 6:42 PM

I have P5 and just used the snake in an image!

http://creationsbydawn.net

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 6:53 PM

Did you do a full install of P5? A standard or minimal install leaves out figures, props and poses. As far as I know, the Mac version and the PC version of Poser come with the same models.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

ketok ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 6:59 PM

Thanks gang... I think you may have helped solve my problem. I just logged back into the Curious labsl download area and found this " Poser_5_Content_CD.dmg.bin" - which was a seperate download from the app. I'm hoping that for some reason I never grabbed it, back when I did the initial install. 329 megs. Yikes. Fingers crossed.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 7:13 PM

They are all P4 animals, I was hoping that Cubed/CL would sell new ones with P5 but they didn't.

MarianneR ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 3:21 AM

In my P5 there are a rattler and a wolf also. It's the downloaded, Mac version.

ketok ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 9:39 AM

I ended up going back to my Poser 4 Discs and installing from there. So now my screen is full o' snakes. =) Wierd...the extra Poser 5 Content .dmg I downloaded didn't contain the Rattler either. Now I'm wondering if the upgrade "Poser 4 to Poser 5" download doesn't contain all the previous characters and props. MarianneR, is your Mac P5 an upgrade version? Again - thanks to everyone for posting.

MarianneR ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 9:11 AM

Sorry about the late answer: Yes, it's an upgrade.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.