Fri, Oct 4, 4:11 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:41 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: WIP of a Legend - Marilyn

-renapd- ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 9:43 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 2:31 PM
Site Admin

Sometimes I like to torment myself with V3's endless morphs - who on earth could ever believe that they wouldn't turn out enough to complete this project to my full satisfaction - yet it is so! :( Additional top lip morphs would be most welcome I guess - and definately one that would bring the top lip edges closer together to that classic vamp "heart" lipshape, without altering the rest of the mouth shape which is the case with the present ones on V3 .. Oh well, I'm just sharing this WIP for two reasons ,mostly.. FIRST to hear your opinion if I should pursue to completion of this character OR SECOND.. if I should find a more relaxing way to spend my weekend and give up! :) Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

-renapd- ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 9:44 AM
Site Admin

PS : Boy DO I hope 3Dream considers this hairstyle - it's unique and nothing similar is available around - sigh!

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

umutov ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 9:55 AM

Do it HUN!!!!!! Looks perfect!!! :)

stonemason ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 10:09 AM

looks really good,I agree about the hair too. Though I do wonder if you'd be allowed to sell such a famous character,I know Elvis's likeness is copyrighted & I'd be surprised if Marilyns isn't. either way,great job ..well done:)

Cg Society Portfolio

PoisenedLily ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 10:15 AM

This looks FABULOUS! What an amazing morph! I for one think you should definitely move forward with it!

HeavyRay ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 10:44 AM

Very nice job Rena! Please continue!!! Besides, there'll be OTHER weekends you can goof-off... ;-)
Ray

Morris ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 10:54 AM

Looks beautiful I love her smile ;-)

-renapd- ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 1:46 PM
Site Admin

OK then.. you've pursuaded me to keep on torturing myself all weekend long! :) Stonemason, don't worry - this is not going to be called Marilyn or anything close once completed - "the Goddess" or "the Legend" should be enough to identify her without copyright problems.. after all there was a "Digital Marilyn" for V2 by Neftis selling in RMP and I've never heard of any problems. However exact names...are a definate NO-NO to me.. just to keep on the safe side of celebrities dead or alive! :) Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

lululee ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 3:10 PM

Keep the torture going. I'll be in the purchase line. It looks terrific. cheerio lululee

dolfijntjes ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 2:25 AM

go on lookes amazing

-renapd- ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 9:41 AM
Site Admin

OK.. I think I've overcome by 90% the upper lip problem through texturing without the need of extra morphs! Phew!! Hair as you can see makes one hell of difference - the Sexy Smile pose is the very same one as the WIP preview with just the new lips texture and the only sort of hair I could find that get a tiny bit close to her default.. Sam's old P4 Hair5 remapped by Kozaburo - with a platinum inverted texture of my own that anyone can do on his own. However..the hair line was on the wrong side so I took double renders to flip horizontally for these images. Necessity is the mother of invention I guess.. better that than a bald goddess! :) Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

-renapd- ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 9:55 AM
Site Admin

Here's a vivid example of what hair does to a face..aaargh! Innocent face with default hair - sigh! Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

umutov ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 12:14 PM

Looking better and better!!! Love the work you have been doing.

-renapd- ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 2:37 PM
Site Admin

Thanks Umutov but I think I'll settle for DAZ's RazzleDazzle puffed up on the Xscale - best results so far with the endless trials and errors of all hairstyles that I keep on trying.. at least it fits the face and expressions and can be rendered from all angles without the need of postwork tricks - plus it has the hair parting at the right side.. Oh how much I DO hate compromises! :(

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

umutov ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 11:46 PM

Dear Rena, I know how big you are in perfection hun. I have experienced that side of you after I purchased your wonderful V3 Native american pack and sent you a test render. :) lol, I will complete that scene!!! Bacj to the subject. I think DAZ3D RazzleDazzle is the hair which is the most look alike, You should seriously contact 3Dream about your project. I think you guys can make a great DUO in this product. I am soon going to release some REAL HAIR stlyes (not texture hair over obj) once I finish mastering the FUR ROOM in my new MAYA 6 Unlimited!!! Hehe it's really complicated but nothing can stand infront of will power!!! :) Keep us informed about your progres!!!! :) Best regards, Umut

-renapd- ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 1:58 AM
Site Admin

I'm working on her body and previews at the moment Umut.. I've never been in contact with 3Dream so far but I guess it's about time to try! :) Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.