Sat, Sep 21, 2:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:48 pm)

Subject: MDP's New Free Toon Gal

xoconostle ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 8:59 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:39 PM

Attached Link: http://mdp.s18.xrea.com/DL/DLpage.html

I can't believe nobody has posted here about this yet. :-) (And if someone has, oops, I missed it.)

I haven't installed her yet, so I can't post my own renders, but saw some by others at the Poser newsgroup and was very impressed with this figure's stylishness. She's real cute.

Thank you, Mask-da! Edit: The figure is inteded for Poser 5, but I imagine that with some material zones tweaking, it can be used in P4 as well. There's a UV map at the site that you can use (with UV Mapper) to allow the mesh to use V3 textures.

Message edited on: 10/03/2004 21:00

xoconostle ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 9:40 PM

The extra UV map is for mapping the head with V3 textures, not the body. Generally, the figure seems to be more for toon-shader renders (like MayaX's Anime Doll) than regular P4 or FireFly, although I was able to get some cute tests done in FireFly just now. The figure comes with hair, a bikini, pants, and sandals. Trust me, if you like sexy toon dolls, this one does stand out in the crowd. (And it's free!)

TamiL ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 10:20 PM

Nice find. The body UV mapping seems to work ok. I have to manually apply some of the textures but it does work.

LadyTieryn ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 10:57 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_132138.jpg

Here's a quick pic in P4 she's so cute :) Thanks for the link I would've never found her otherwise.

MoonRose ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 12:39 AM

yeah i downloaded her a few days ago :) she is very cute

Puntomaus ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 2:29 AM

file_132139.jpg

Here is a quick render. Left is the dolly with the P5 materials, right the remapped V3 version with DAZ IntBeauty texture applied. Rendered with P5 Firefly. I've added finger- and toenails to the V3 version with the grouping tool.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

Ailarchendil ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 2:48 AM

file_132140.jpg

Thanks xoconostle! I've been a fan of MDP's work for a while and I would've hated to miss this one.

Here's a couple of quickie test renders I just did in P4 (Guns by Uzilite, lo-rez Evolution Eve tex by Orion1167 & Greybro, and Mask-da's clothing & hair). I'm pretty impressed with her styling.

THANK YOU MASK-DA!

mathman ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 3:34 AM

Does she have a name ?

TamiL ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 7:54 AM

file_132141.jpg

Thank you MDP! She is beautiful!

shazz501 ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 10:04 AM

wow!!! she is a beauty,i downloaded her earlier and she is fabulous!!! thanks for sharing MDP and thanks for the link xoconostle :D

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 10:13 AM

kewl!

MissTara ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 10:47 AM

OMG, she's beautiful!

lululee ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 11:40 AM
Online Now!

AWESOME! Thanks for the link. She is a real cutie. cheerio lululee

MissTara ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 12:23 PM

file_132142.jpg

She renders rather nicely in a cartoon style render except for the eyes. For now I can post work them, but it would be fantastic if someone came up with new eyes for her with subdivided areas for P5 materials for the eyeballs, irises, pupils and highlights. :)

shogakusha ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 1:03 PM

Check out her eyes, look at her attached props. If I recall, she has a cornea or similar prop to give her eye specularity. You could probably either remove it or make it transparent. Her eye does have White, iris and Pupil material groupings.

MissTara ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 1:20 PM

file_132143.jpg

Shogakusha, thank you for pointing that out. I turned the visibility off on those clear props and was able to change the materials on the eyes and she looks fantastic now. Excusing the pun... I don't know how I could have been so blind. LOL

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 1:22 PM

Wow, this is superb. Mask makes some of the best models I have seen. Many thanks, Mask.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Berserga ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 2:30 PM

Wow first a $5 dollar Ferrari now this. Thanks Mask-da.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 2:50 PM

file_132144.jpg

...not just Poser 5. :)

FastForward ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 2:53 PM

yeah, she is beautiful. Thanks a lot. But now, she needs a name. Any idea ?

shogakusha ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 3:17 PM

How about F.E.M.M.E.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 3:53 PM

"How about F.E.M.M.E." I like it.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Veritas777 ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 4:03 PM

Another cute toon babe has joined the playing roster,- Looks like Miss Femme will need some new THREADS! so how about a Pussy Galore bodysuit to go with those MDP weapons?

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 5:10 PM

Oh, that's lovely.... and she is conclusive proof that Poser females do NOT have to have enormously wide shoulders. Finally. Geez, I'm sick of the weightlifter shoulders on Vicki 2/3, Steph1/3, Girl, Alexa, everybody.... :] Fish

macmullin ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 5:58 PM

Puntomaus version reminds me of tooned Nicole Kidman!

macmullin ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 8:42 PM · edited Mon, 04 October 2004 at 8:47 PM

file_132145.jpg

"I don't know what the Hell you guys are talking about... I seem to work perfectly in Poser 4!"

Message edited on: 10/04/2004 20:47

Mask-da ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 8:42 PM

file_132146.jpg

POSER 5 Rendering, No Postworks(except a gun) Thanks all, But I recommend running on P5. ;) Enjoy! Mask-da

xoconostle ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 8:59 PM · edited Mon, 04 October 2004 at 9:01 PM

The reason why Poser 5 was recommended is that the set comes with Poser 5 materials that set the tones and specularity the way that Mask-da intended the defaults. It's cool that you can work around that in P4 and DAZ Studio. I'm glad everyone likes this gal as much as I did. The exaggerated stylization of her figure (and the hair) is what really set this one apart in my mind. That's what I think a lot of people want when they say they want more toon and manga/anime figures ... those exaggerated lines and proportions that you see in manga and anime. Many of the Poser figures and props that get labelled "anime" don't feature that sort of stylization.

BTW, I really love the pinup poses included with the set. They're perfect for her. Again, many thanks, Mask-da. She's going to be a very popular girl. :-)

Message edited on: 10/04/2004 21:01

shogakusha ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 9:15 PM

Indeed, thanks! She has a lot of attitude, but demure and tough! Shogakusha

fauve ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 10:24 PM

file_132148.jpg

She is so pretty!! I just love her. Thank you very much, Mask-da!

Berserga ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2004 at 7:54 AM

First thing I thought of when I saw her was Fujiko from Lupin III.

freefall565 ( ) posted Sat, 20 November 2004 at 1:28 PM

I think i can safely say that this is my new favorite figure. She beats basically everything else out there to me neway and by god, shes free! lol, the only thing thats missing now is a very extensive wardrobe, but im sure in time well have one. If neone should happen to come across some new clothes for her, please give me a holla. Big shout out to Mask-da, what would we do without you? thanx again, Free

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 20 November 2004 at 2:43 PM

Check BatLabs for a freebie (it says for this figure - I haven't installed either yet)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.