Wed, Sep 25, 3:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 2:58 pm)

Subject: Material color script, lock actor script?

Svigor ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 1:25 PM ยท edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 3:16 PM

I've seen a script or utility that allows one to set a chosen color to an entire figure, but I can't find it now. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Also, does anyone know of a script that makes locking and unlocking body parts a bit less tedious? I can't for the life of me figure out why CL didn't put in the extra hour's work and add such functionality (sorry I'm in a whiney mood today).

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 1:47 PM

Attached Link: http://ockhamsbungalow.com/Python/SetMats.zip

Here's the Set Mat to Color script. I'll modify one of my "standard" items to do locking and unlocking. Coming up shortly.........

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 2:00 PM ยท edited Mon, 04 October 2004 at 2:03 PM

file_132269.jpg

Here's the lock-unlock. As usual, take attached text and rename to LockUnlock.py before using.

If it works the way you want, I'll
zip it to the website. (Would it be better to lock/unlock the selected part AND all its children?)

Message edited on: 10/04/2004 14:03

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Svigor ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 3:01 PM

If you mean children in the IK chain, then I guess my answer is that it would be great to have the ability to do both. If you mean child props and such, I guess it would be good to have both there too. Perhaps an explanation of how I use lock most often would help. Usually, I'm trying to get hands into position with the transform tool, and I lock hip, abdomen, chest, one or both collars, and one or both hands. It would be great to have a way to lock and unlock the hip, abdomen, chest and collars all at once. Thanks very much for writing that script btw, I'll test it now and let you know what I think.

Svigor ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 3:11 PM

Wow Ockham, that's pretty darn cool! One minor thing - how about way to add or remove finger parts from the list? When removed, maybe an entry for "right fingers" and "left fingers" (which would include thumb parts)? A second version (rather than a way to switch within the script) would work well too, if making a switch is problematic. Again thanks, that's much nicer than what I was expecting given how quickly you replied.

Svigor ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 3:18 PM

Ooops, except...I couldn't get it to work. :( Should I have something in particular selected before I run the script, or am I leaving out a step?

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 3:29 PM

Right fingers and left fingers: Yup, I'm thinking along the same lines. Will add that to the script. If you want to use it on a figure, you do need to select the figure first. If there's no figure in the scene, it will give you a list of all props instead. That's the only limitation I know of. It worked fine when I tried it on Misaki.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Svigor ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 5:55 PM

Hmmm, I still can't get it working (on M3). As far as I can tell, it isn't doing anything. Could there be some difference between the script as you're using it, and as you posted it?

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 6:09 PM
Svigor ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 7:44 PM

Nope, I tried it this time with the default P5 guy, still no luck. Drat. The only thing I can think of is that I haven't updated to the latest version, I'm running 5.0.4.321.

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 9:36 PM ยท edited Mon, 04 October 2004 at 9:48 PM

Oooohhhh! No, it's not your problem.
What the script does is to make the
body part static, which is not the
same thing as locking it.

Static means that you can still
move it in the display, but the
part will hold onto the setting
through all frames of the animation.
Locked means you can't move it
at all.

(Because I'm totally "locked" into
thinking in terms of animation, I
didn't even realize the difference!)

It turns out there's no direct
way to Lock the part using Python;
who knows why.

So I'll have to do this by writing
a back-door PZ2. This will take a bit longer; this PZ2 isn't quite as simple as some of them.

Message edited on: 10/04/2004 21:48

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Svigor ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 11:12 PM

Yeah, I don't animate at all. :) Thanks again, and take your time, I'm in no rush.

Svigor ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 12:07 AM

Ockham, I found a utility that I'd downloaded and forgotten called bodylock, let me try that out before you go and do a bunch of work that might be reinventing the wheel.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.