Thu, Oct 3, 12:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: New Genre Request: Advertising or Professional

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 9:52 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 12:15 PM

file_132416.jpg

I'm a professional designer and I sometimes post work that has been printed and distributed elsewhere. When uploading files I usually select the "Illustration" Genre because it's the best choice from those available. I'd like to see a genre for ADVERTISING or PROFESSIONAL work. Just a suggestion... By the way, I've attached the image of the postcard that spurred this thought. Not the greatest work ever, but it is getting a solid return from the people it's been mailed to.

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 12:15 PM

Would we run into any copyright problems if work is posted that has been printed and distributed elsewhere? Just curious...I am asking. I don't really know.

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 12:33 PM

Nope. As the designer, fair use includes presenting it in your portfolio. Also, most of us can easily get permission from the owner, particularly in this context. Then, there's the reality that I am often the copyright holder for lots of the things I do (I create them for my other companies).

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity

LillianH ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 2004 at 9:30 AM

Hi mmitchell_houston, Intriguing suggestion. I see where you are coming from and the potential desire for such a genre. I'll have a look at this idea, and the current genres and see what we can come up with. I know there are several other professional and commercial artists that might find a use for something like this. Best regards, LillianH Renderosity Marketing & Promotions

Lillian Hawkins
Marketing Manager
By serving each other, we are free.

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 2004 at 10:01 AM

Great! I mostly post my personal work here, but I do think some of my pro work might be of interest to others, and I know that I would like to see what some of the other pros here are doing, too. One of the things that differentiates most of my pro work is the inclusion of text and logos, something that doesn't generally factor into illustrations and 3D renders. I also think it would be a nice place to get inspiration and keep up with design trends. I know that after looking at someone else's portfolio I'm always pumped up and ready to push myself to do better. Thanks for considering it.

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.