Wed, Sep 25, 3:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 2:58 pm)

Subject: Poses saved to library in P5 have no transform data? huh?

Svigor ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 5:06 PM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 3:21 PM

??? I know I'm missing something here, arrgh. I save a pose to the library, but when I apply it to a figure, none of the body/hip transforms are applied. That is, the pose is saved, but not the figure's position.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 5:44 PM

Are you positioning the figure by BODY or HIP? If you use BODY, your figure will load back in the centre of the studio, with the hip at the default position. Always use HIP if you need to save the figure's position in the Poser studio.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 5:46 PM

PS. Why do you keep posting the same question over and over?

My Store

My Gallery

Svigor ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 5:54 PM

Because the forum wasn't displaying them. There was a loooong delay and then they all just showed up. Thanks for the answer, I wish I'd known this earlier.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 5:56 PM

Okey dokey. :) The forum can be painfully slow at times. You're welcome, by the way.

My Store

My Gallery

Svigor ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 6:12 PM

Well, I didn't know it was the forum bogging down, or I'd have waited. My browser kept timing out and I didn't think the posts were going through. I'll be more careful in the future, no need to spam the board all to hell and back :).

Ajax ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 11:32 PM

If you have a Python enabled version of Poser, you can save body translation info by using my PoseSave script (available on my renderosity artist page). In most cases it's actually a lot better to leave the hip translation dials alone and use body translation instead - as long as you have a way to save the body translations to the pose.

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

Svigor ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 2004 at 7:27 PM

Why is it better?

Ajax ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2004 at 3:44 AM

Suppose somebody decides they want to rotate the figure to face south instead of north after applying your pose. If you've positioned it by using the hip, it won't rotate on the spot, instead it will rotate around the place where the figure would be if you hadn't translated the hip, so the figure winds up moving to a completely different part of Poser space. Very irriating. They can try to get around it by rotating the hip instead of the body, but if you've bent the hip or rotated it sideways (either of which you'd probably do to some extent in most poses) then it won't y-rotate around the vertical. Instead it rotates around the local y axis of the hip. So it winds up being a major exercise just for the user to get the figure to face a different direction.

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

Svigor ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2004 at 5:03 PM

Okay that makes sense. Thanks Ajax.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.