Fri, Sep 20, 10:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: WIP: My House

JasenJ1 ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 6:43 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:32 AM

file_132377.jpg

I'm working on a model of my house to help with some remodeling and an addition my wife and I are contemplating. The attached render was done overnight with 1 distant light, GI with skylight at low intensity and indirect light turned on.

The funky yellowish block of light in the dining room (near the center of the picture) is from a bulb light in the kitchen that is turned up too strong. I really like the indirect light effect you can see in the den (the room with the tiled floor); the color climbs the walls very nicely. There are some JPEG compression artifacts along the edges, the real render is very clean.

I still have a LOT of work to do - windows would be a good next step - but it has been fun to get back into Carrara after a long hiatus.

• Jasen.

rendererer ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 7:49 AM

Attached Link: http://julien.chaplier.free.fr/Main.html

Very nice! If you plan to do more of this type of modeling, you might want to look into ArchiTools (see attached link). It's not available yet, so I have no idea whether it's any good, but it certainly seems like it will be a big help in laying out walls, doors and windows, not to mention roofs. (Rooves?)

JasenJ1 ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 8:23 AM

Yes, I saw ArchiTools in the latest 3DXtract. It looks very useful if you're doing "generic" houses, but I'm modeling an existing structure. It wasn't readily apparent if ArchiTools allowed enough freedom to handle the anomalies of a real house. Plus, I need the practice. B^) - Jasen.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 11:36 AM

I've been using Broderbund's 3D Home Architect DESIGN SUITE DELUXE 6 to export (3DS format) custom homes to Carrara. One of the room screenshots from ArchiTools looks very similar to a room screenshot on 3DHA's box.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

falconperigot ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 11:57 AM

Great house. Yeah, I'm always leaving the kitchen light on too.

Nicholas86 ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 6:06 PM

Jasen, I can assure you that ArchiTools can handle what you are referring too, Julien himself will likely step in, but its powerful enough to handle what you are looking for. Great model thus far!

kaom ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 2004 at 4:35 AM

Very nice work! I just started designing a house in Rhino, I plan on rendering and texturing in Carrara.. This is looking great.. Architools sounds pretty cool, when does it come out? It seems there some excellent plugin for Carrara coming out recenetly, it's good to see that, it means the program is alove, I love it...

JasenJ1 ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 2004 at 7:33 AM

file_132378.jpg

Reverse angle NPR shot - now with more windows. I love this software! B^) - Jasen. P.S. This is why I wish they'd fix the NPR renderer with the isometric camera. The NPR could make great blue print type renderings.

brainmuffin ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 2004 at 10:27 AM

Hey, shonner, I was wondering about that program. How well does the 3ds export work? Does it export all the doors and windows? How about the textures?

notefinger ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2004 at 6:31 PM

I'd also like to know more about Broderbund's 3D Home Architect DESIGN SUITE DELUXE

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2004 at 9:25 PM ยท edited Thu, 07 October 2004 at 9:33 PM

3D Home Architect DESIGN SUITE DELUXE 6 exports 3DS files without internal textures stored in them. When you import the 3DS file into Carrara, it tells Carrara to look in the 3DHA texture folder for the texture maps. You then have to do the usual tweaking of each object for the house to turn off the 100% colored shine on everything. Each object you want to re-model has to be converted to vertex first.

Sometimes I forget to adjust the scale fist when I import a house and I wind up with an object that is miles long in my scene. 3DHA also exports in VRML very well (so does Carrara) so you can do fly-throughs of a house using Cortona.

Message edited on: 10/07/2004 21:33

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

sfdex ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2004 at 11:46 PM

Jasen -- that NPR render of the house looks awesome. It makes me want to go home right now and fire up Carrara and do something like it. It reminds me of illustrations I'd see in Popular Science or Popular Mechanics when I was a kid. Thanks for sharing your work!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.