Sat, Sep 21, 4:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Help, Continual Crashes!

Man O' War ( ) posted Sat, 25 November 2000 at 5:28 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 5:19 PM

Hi, I've just upgraded to Corel's version of Bryce4D. Upon opening one 168M file in particular, changing the sky values, (haze, sun alzmiuth etc) and then rerendering to screen, the file freezes or the program crashes. It appears to be some kind of memory related failure. Work other than the sky change seems not to affect the program. I seem to recall some mention of this bug in an earlier version. Any advice would be appreciated. TIA manowar

Marty188 ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2000 at 12:59 AM

Attached Link: http://members.xoom.com/WebPager1/graphics.htm

I know that there is an upgrade to a 4.01 version. You may be able to find it by going to Corel's site. If I do find out more I will post it here. Another suggestion would be for you to try using a search engine to find the upgrade. Another site to try is help.com and type in the words "bryce crash" or something similar and it may bring some links to others that are having the same problem as you and hopefully someone has posted an answer or at least a link to where the upgrade can be downloaded. Another thought that came to mind would be to ask your same question in one of the Bryce related Usenet newsgroups. They are always busy. And last but not least the people here are VERY knowledgable about such things. I'm sure it won't be long before someone answers your post. MartyLogo

Man O' War ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2000 at 9:58 AM

Thanks, I will check around. Again, I seem to recall something about this earlier. I've hit corrupted files before, but in this one, everything is doable except sky changes. Really weird. Manowar

Ihawk ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2000 at 10:32 PM

One of my files got corrupted, too. The error said "invalid page fault in module msvcrt.dll...." No idea what to do.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.