Tue, Oct 22, 12:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:57 pm)

Subject: SR4 with firefly production bug

7/8'sIrish ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2004 at 10:35 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 2:33 AM

Hi, This is proberly a known issue with SR4 and the firefly engine on production, that it won't render on my P4 2.4ghz 1geg ram desktop- gets half way through and stops(this is with a 8meg file. But if I reinstall poser without SP4 it works fine. Is this what other people find when rendering large files? My note book P4 3.4ghz 1 geg ram can do it but it slows right down with SP4 with the 8meg file.

Robo2010 ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2004 at 10:45 PM · edited Sun, 10 October 2004 at 10:46 PM

I have encountered that lighting, and/or reflections will hold up (Halt) a render. Depending how it is done. I have a AMD Althon XP3200, 2 GB DDrs (PC3200's at 400mhz), 80GB 7200RPM harddrive, and I have seen the halts. Sometimes it is still gathering info to continue to the next Bucket or hangs before getting to the next Bucket. Check Raytrace size along with the Bucket size.

Message edited on: 10/10/2004 22:46

ynsaen ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2004 at 2:48 AM

Also, check the number of polys in the area where it halts. A very high number of polys in a small area -- particularly overlapping -- can cause a halt.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

compiler ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2004 at 5:55 AM

When I run into this, I just redo th render but with a reduced bicket size (32 or 16).

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2004 at 6:49 AM

Output size also has an affect. I've been working on a file that will render up to 2560 tall, but taller than that and it hangs partway through.

OReillyTX ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2004 at 9:57 AM

Yep I just adore this "feature " of P5. It has taken the joy of rendering away and replaced it with technical restraints on my creativity. Try also reducing the max rez size of the textures that can kill renders too. Limit your use of raytrace bounces if your rendering reflections. Hope that helps. Happy rendering.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.