Fri, Sep 20, 6:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: anything known about Poser 6 yet?

7/8'sIrish ( ) posted Tue, 21 September 2004 at 5:45 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 6:52 AM

Hi, Is anything known about poser 6 yet, features and when it is comming? Thanks

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 21 September 2004 at 6:48 PM

It'll probably have the number six somewhere on the box. Don't quote me, though.

stewer ( ) posted Tue, 21 September 2004 at 7:00 PM

I heard six comes after five.

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 21 September 2004 at 7:52 PM

I think it'll be released by CL, but don't hold me to that.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 21 September 2004 at 7:59 PM

7/8's - it's vaporware and speculation at the moment.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 21 September 2004 at 8:04 PM

Yep.. nothing to my knowledge concrete is known, except that CL had some plans to make a P6.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Tue, 21 September 2004 at 8:13 PM

I'm hoping they do new figures... hint hint... maybe ask Anton and Neftis to do them ;)

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 21 September 2004 at 10:32 PM

Anton has stepped away from the poser world, and Neftis is doing her own thing now.. FYI...

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Tue, 21 September 2004 at 10:40 PM

I thought Neftis was developing a male counterpart to Elle... Anton has stepped away before and come back...

JVRenderer ( ) posted Tue, 21 September 2004 at 11:39 PM

I hope it comes with the "make art" button.

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 22 September 2004 at 3:36 AM

Anyone knows WHAT happened to Anton btw?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Gareee ( ) posted Wed, 22 September 2004 at 7:07 AM

He not only had the problems with Daz, but had also been getting into conflicts with others at various areas and this was after attempting to "return" to the poser community. It almost seemed like he was trying to create conflict, more then actually create, and I think that it just no longer is a hobby/business he enjoys. He also was moving, and and just decided this wasn't the best choice for him. I tried to talk him into hanging out a little longer, but he felt just setting it aside was best for everyone.

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Wed, 22 September 2004 at 9:08 PM

Unfounded rumor says Poser 6 won't contain anything new and will mearly be a bug fixed version of P5 and will have the shipping name of Poser 5.6

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

gstorme ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 2:51 PM

You will need a "bigger" computer to run it. Bigger than what you (and all of us) have now... :)

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 6:03 PM · edited Thu, 23 September 2004 at 6:06 PM

"whatever happened to anton"

Anton had a personal/business beef with DAZ and DAN Farr
and took it very public( on several forums),
including reposting the text
from private emails from Farr and Co.

Frankly I have never understood why people who are angry
and lashing out, insist on bringing their
personal and business conflicts to the "poser related"
web forums as if trying to find some angry mob of villagers
to rally with them and the storm castles at rosity,DAZ etc
with torches and pitch forks in hand :-).

"Dodger" undertook the same megalomaniacal
crusade last year replete with the usual Dire
predictions that DAZ's days were numbered
rosity will soon be history Blah Blah!!.

and today Anton is in some presumably self-imposed
exile and Dodger was recently seen over at poserpros
literally asking for $$handouts$$ to pay for his food and rent.
HEY!!Maybe poser6 will have a "reduce ego" button built in. :-)

tsk tsk .

Message edited on: 09/23/2004 18:04

Message edited on: 09/23/2004 18:06

My website

YouTube Channel

hogwarden ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 6:02 PM

:o)

byAnton ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2004 at 11:07 AM

Greetings, I have been offline for the summer while restoring a Historic home I bought in Maine earlier this year. Also my father passed away this past Spring. I always find people's take on events interesting. For the record my beef with Daz was over ethical issues I felt the community needed to be aware of. The community decided it didn't care so much and after a few tangles with some of our more colorful cummunity members, I decided the community at large can take care of itself. I have been busy this summer traveling, restoring my new home, and settling my father's affairs. I have enjoyed being offline most of this year. This has nothing to do with the comminity at large who I love very much. I hope to be back this winter at least part time. Rumors of exile, burn out, pouting, etc, are rediculous and speculative. Though I did want to warn the community at large of things I felt important, I do respect that most don't care or belive. And that is ok. I said what I had to at the time and and glad I did. But those events are in the past and no longer matter, to me anyway. I have just been doing other this this summer as I mentioned above. Sorry for the massive OT. Hope eveyone is well and stays well. Regards, Anton

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2004 at 11:47 AM

Well I for one is happy to see you back, Anton! :o) And I'm sorry to hear about your father, of course.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2004 at 12:37 PM

Sorry to hear about your dad, Anton, but I'm glad life is treating you well. Sometimes you just need to break away from a hobby, even if you love, it, and get back to real life for a while. I've only tinkered with a few things, the last month or so, and needed the break as well.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2004 at 12:46 PM

I'm glad to see you back and still hanging in there Anton. Sorry to hear about your dad. I hope you are okay.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.