Mon, Sep 23, 8:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:52 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: We need another alien like we need more armour but.......

odeathoflife ( ) posted Thu, 14 October 2004 at 6:06 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 6:24 AM

file_134221.jpg

Still learning trueSpace, so figured I would make something that didn't need to be correct as aliens are as varied as anything is. I didn't use reference photo's just started modeling. I am placing in the PS showcase cause I do not know what I am doing with it yet.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

odeathoflife ( ) posted Thu, 14 October 2004 at 6:07 PM

those are mike 3 vicki 3 and 1 gorrila poses :)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 14 October 2004 at 6:11 PM

You're getting very good with trueSpace. I like the way he (?) takes poses. :)

odeathoflife ( ) posted Thu, 14 October 2004 at 6:13 PM

Thanks ;) I really do like trueSpace it is a really great modeling app.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 14 October 2004 at 6:27 PM

I should have given you my copy...I've never been able to get it to do anything but create frustration in me. But then you've had slightly more experience in modeling than I have. :) Are you going to make him(?) a space suit too? Or is that a space suit? It's so hard to tell with space aliens.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Thu, 14 October 2004 at 6:35 PM

Attached Link: http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/allposters/58/1800054358p.jpg

It just takes some time, something we all have very little of I find. I will prob make some clothing for him, but I am thinking in a 50's style alien rather then a 'futuristic' style. Sort of like from the movie the day the earth stood still.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

William ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2004 at 4:18 AM

You can never have enough aliens and this is a good one. But I'd love to see some more insectoid aliens. Not to mention more outragious designs like six legged rhinoid centaurs or plant/animal hybrids...sixus1 maybe???

sixus1 ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2004 at 9:36 AM

Tell me what it is that you have in mind and I will see what we can do. :) --Rebekah-- BTW--nifty little fella there Odeath....kind of reminds me not of our alien but of the one from RuntimeDNA

Katoran ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2004 at 1:58 PM

I like him. He's cute, in a menacing, "Take me to your leader or I'll vaporize your face" kind of way. :)

davo ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2004 at 6:40 PM

That is fantastic and would definately want to see that as a finished product!! It's sort of tooney so I think that would be a big hit in the toon lovers department. davo

Katoran ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2004 at 9:18 PM

Besides, how do we have too many aliens? Not counting this one or freebies, I only know about two other "Grey" aliens, and less than five other critters that are described as aliens, rather than as general monsters/demons/mutant mosquitoes. Last time I checked there were easily a dozen different basic Poser babes, not counting the figures that are popular variations on someone else's mesh. (Ie, I'm not counting figures like Voluptuous Vicky.) It's even more than that when you add in the toons and the "monster babe" figures like Naga. Anyway, this is definitely a figure I'd be interested in getting.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2004 at 11:05 PM

you want aliens? LOL

Sixus's Greys
Baby Greys
The Coolest Alien I have yet seen Mantis Grey
Ena from Daz
of course teh alien morphs for vick and mike ( and prob steph and david as well and the mil kids )
RDNA Grey
Isacc's Grey @ 3dc
I am sure there are more but those are the only ones that I searched for while typing this :)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

Katoran ( ) posted Sat, 16 October 2004 at 2:32 AM

I was counting the Mantis and Baby Greys in the "other alien critters" category, and I don't count morphs, since those require that you purchase a seperate figure. Morphs are a bonus for someone who has a given figure, and a waste otherwise. I hadn't read the product description of Ena, from the thumbnail I though she/it looked more like an elf of some kind. I wasn't aware of Isacc's Grey. :) The ones I was thinking of were True Greys - Sixus1 Grey, and RDNA Grayling. Alien Critters - Sixus1 Mantis Grey and Baby Grey and (debatably) Flayer, the Spider Drone available here at Rendo, and arguably, the Thrawn, also here. (It looks something like the Gonarch from the game Half Life, which is an alien monster of sorts.) You might also be able to shoehorn in the Sixus1/Fatalle Bob Eater, since the Mantis Grey is supposed to be meant as a Grey/Bob Eater hybrid. Even so, that's still nowhere near the number of Poser Babes available. Granted, there's probably a much smaller market for any figures that don't come with cleavage. :) In any case, I do like your alien. :) Let us know what you decide to do with it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.