Thu, Sep 19, 11:00 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Oct. challenge

tvernuccio ( ) posted Thu, 14 October 2004 at 7:00 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 8:45 PM

ok...here is mine. i am not planning to upload this into my gallery because i'm not satisfied with it. compo...uh...leaves much to be desired. what do u guys think i can do with this to make it better? thanks guys for your comments and critiques...here and in my gallery. i tried that layering once i think but forgot...will have to see if i can remember. thanks guys!

tvernuccio ( ) posted Thu, 14 October 2004 at 7:01 PM

file_134228.jpg

oops...here it is

LostPatrol ( ) posted Thu, 14 October 2004 at 7:41 PM

Since you asked for critic, here goes, not that I think I can do much better. The compo looks good to me the natural framing is great. I think that it may benefit from a slightly longer exposure. It looks a little underexposed (but that may be my monitor) For these kinds of shots I try to shoot either early morning or late afternoon/evening to avoid bright harsh light that can burn out the highlights. Overcast can work too but you loose a bit of colour saturation. I usually do several different exposures from 1-5 sec depending on how fast the water is flowing. Im not sure layering this would have any real benefit other than to maybe adjust brightness contrast. I like this shot and think it is a good entry for the challenge LP

The Truth is Out There

logiloglu ( ) posted Thu, 14 October 2004 at 8:31 PM

a wonderful entry,Sheila. looks like the water is cooking. excellent shot. !!!!!!!!!! #:O) !!!!!!!!!!

tvernuccio ( ) posted Thu, 14 October 2004 at 10:34 PM

thanks guys! LP...oh, you are definitely right about the timing of shooting. it was in the middle of the afternoon...had no choice about that. yes...i think you're right...exposition time was not long enough. i think i took some with longer exposure...have to check. oh regarding layering...sorry i was talking about a different image...not sure why i mentioned it here...oops. thanks so much!!! i appreciate the feedback! sheila

deemarie ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2004 at 7:46 AM

Excellent job of framing the image :)

Tedz ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2004 at 8:31 PM

Lost Patrol put Me right Sheila...as I knew nothing...so He is full of good advice....cooking? Hubble Bubble :]

cynlee ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2004 at 10:54 PM

yep... ditto LP... i do like the compo with the framing of branches, might slice a sliver off my right side (no, not my liver) :] to take out the little bit of light on the other side of the tree :]

tvernuccio ( ) posted Sat, 16 October 2004 at 1:18 AM

thanks everyone!!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.