Mon, Sep 9, 6:15 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: What's the deal with the Raquel V3 freebie? Does it work?

onimusha ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2004 at 11:26 PM ยท edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 7:08 PM

Every time I try and use it, it crashes P5. Anyone else get it to work? Also wondering why it's been pulled off Renderosity's free stuff... Thanks...

Laver2k ( ) posted Sat, 16 October 2004 at 5:50 AM

Umm I know that Im hosting a copy of it but I have no idea about any problems it causes.

twosheds ( ) posted Sat, 16 October 2004 at 6:58 AM

I haven't heard of it causing any problems, and it seems like about 3,000+ people have downloaded it by now, and I know for a fact that loads of people are using it happily because of the positive feedback and the renders posted. But I'm sorry to hear of it causing you problems. I'd like to hear from anybody else it gives problems to. The main cause of a crash with the morph is that the Delta files might have been unzipped to the wrong place. Their exact required position in Runtime is stated in the read-me. It's difficult to give any other advice without knowing your set-up and the state of your Poser installation, but you're welcome to contact me about it.

Rendy ( ) posted Sat, 16 October 2004 at 7:48 AM

I'm curious why it's been "pulled off Renderosity's free stuff".

twosheds ( ) posted Sat, 16 October 2004 at 7:57 AM

I've been asked to rename it by Renderosity. It'll be back up this weekend, pending clearance, with a few new extras.

onimusha ( ) posted Sat, 16 October 2004 at 8:53 AM

Notice how Gwendolyn's figures are missing as well? The ones that looked like Gillian Anderson, Cameron Diaz, and Lucy Liu. I wonder if that was some kind of infringement on these actresses image. I hope those figure packages return, I wanted to get them...

onimusha ( ) posted Sat, 16 October 2004 at 9:05 AM

Nevermind, Gwendolyn's figures are back... that's weird...

rrkknight3 ( ) posted Sat, 16 October 2004 at 7:48 PM

Back but with different names... Just like twosheds' morph. Hmmmm.

Grey_Tower ( ) posted Mon, 18 October 2004 at 7:58 AM

From what I understand, Renderosity suspended the freebie and told twosheds if he renamed the model he could continue to link it here. Apparently JenyK was concerned about copyright/trademark issues.

twosheds ( ) posted Mon, 18 October 2004 at 8:33 AM

You can't copyright or trademark your basic physiognomy even in California. "Right to Publicity" is a MUCH greyer area. I think JenyK felt that the law was just too grey to risk a 'named' celeb resemblance, a blanket 'Just-In-Case' precaution, which I can understand.

Grey_Tower ( ) posted Mon, 18 October 2004 at 10:48 AM

I would imagine a figure with a resemblance would be ok. After all, there are celebrity look alikes and they certainly couldn't be sued for looking like a famous celebrity, as long as they don't misrepresent themselves as the actual celebrity.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.