Thu, Sep 19, 10:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Postwork: Part 2 (second part of thread started by Enmos)

tvernuccio ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2004 at 1:39 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:52 PM

file_134603.jpg

Jeroen, thank you for this wonderful thread which i have so much enjoyed. Cindy suggested we do a part 2 since the orginal post was getting hard to find. So i start it here. sometimes i do extremely heavy postwork. I show you an example here. This first image turned out to be a flop. I can't remember the exposition time. What i do remember is i didn't have my tripod with me. I was trying to capture this butterfly and my hands were very shaky that day. The result was VERY disappointing! I kept looking at this image though, just knowing there was something very special here. I present you with the before and after. I just uploaded the final version in my gallery.(it's a repost from my previous gallery, but i did change the frame). Thanks for looking, sheila

tvernuccio ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2004 at 1:39 AM

file_134604.jpg

here's the final version.

tvernuccio ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2004 at 1:51 AM

P.S. May I enter this in the monthly challenge please??? thanks guys!!!

thesymphonyofthelife ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2004 at 5:06 AM

file_134605.jpg

hi everybody.

thesymphonyofthelife ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2004 at 5:09 AM

hi everybody The postwork of this photography : I work with the contrast, the cuvers of colors and the lightning. for the "ghost's effect" i have added a "flou gaussien (5%) and i play with the couche. After i paint with a black colors and "lumie tamis" the wall for more contrast. have a good day and see you soon :)

cynlee ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2004 at 1:59 PM · edited Sun, 17 October 2004 at 2:01 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12379&Form.ShowMessage=1965724

yes... the original post was taking too long to download for us dialup users :] ummm, enmos is on vacation for a week, so it'll be a bit before he finds this

@ sheila... great to see the original, i honestly like it! the postworked image for me is verging on "no longer resembles a photo" & is what i base my ideal of what has passed the line of being called a photo any longer, hope you understand what i mean... would like to hear the mods opinion though on if to post for the challenge, i dunno :] it IS a beautiful impressionistic piece

@symphony... i admire your work & really like how your images have such a wonderful graphic quality to them, thank you so much for sharing your technique! :]

Message edited on: 10/17/2004 14:01

thesymphonyofthelife ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2004 at 2:55 PM

hi, you're welcome and thanks for the compliment. it's a very good topic because all people can understand and try the technic of the other person. have a good day :) Christophe as my english is very bad i speak in french lol Salut, de rien et merci pour le compliment, je pense que s'est un tr bon topic car toutes les personnes peuvent comprendre et essayer les techniques des autres. Je vous souahite une agrble journ :) Christophe

Akinom ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2004 at 3:42 PM

hehe... I finally got here by cyn's link on the first tread! It's so exciting and most interesting! Thanks, Sheila, for showing both of the images. Have already seen the postworked version in the gallery. It's fantastic! I love it! Christoph you did an outstanding job on the postwork here. How much time did you spent on this? You know I admire your work... and this one is no exception! Thanks for sharing your knowledge! Have fun playing with filters and effects all! And have a wonderful day/night (depending where you live) ;o) Hugz, Monika

thesymphonyofthelife ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2004 at 3:54 PM

Hi Akinon, Well i spent may be 30 min or 1 hours to work on this photography because i do some test of colors and contrast. First i transform my picture in b&w for see the most of details, I don't used a lot of filter just the blur and the aquarel but i work a lot with the density + or density - I live in France in a small village near Paris and it's the evening (22h53). have a good day and thank you for the compliment. Christophe

Tedz ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2004 at 11:39 PM

The Lizard is looking great!

tvernuccio ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2004 at 11:57 PM

Christope: i thought i commented here in the forum on your images. guess not. left one in your gallery though. anyway, your postworked version is definitely much more striking IMHO! Awesome work! Cyn: thanks for nice things you said. Sure, i understand what you're saying. it's no big deal if it's put in the challenge or not. Whatever ya'all decide, i'm cool with it! :) Moni, thanks a million!!!

deemarie ( ) posted Mon, 18 October 2004 at 12:29 PM

cylee wrote: @ sheila... great to see the original, i honestly like it! the postworked image for me is verging on "no longer resembles a photo" & is what i base my ideal of what has passed the line of being called a photo any longer, hope you understand what i mean... would like to hear the mods opinion though on if to post for the challenge, i dunno :] it IS a beautiful impressionistic piece Hi Sheila, I have to agree with cynlee on both points.

• first, it is am amazing image :)
  • Second, it really does not fit the theme for the current challenge. However, it is am outstand example of postworking a photograph to resemble a wonderful 2D work of art! Beautiful job! Dee-Marie

thesymphonyofthelife ( ) posted Mon, 18 October 2004 at 2:50 PM

file_134606.jpg

Hi every body I show you how i work on the chapel part II. Sorry but the text on Photoshop is in french's language. have a good day :)

cynlee ( ) posted Mon, 18 October 2004 at 3:11 PM

Christophe!!!!! this is quite a wonderful display of how you worked the image!! really do appreciate your time & effort in making it & can comprendre un petit franis... merci beaucoup!! :]

thesymphonyofthelife ( ) posted Mon, 18 October 2004 at 3:19 PM

Bonsoir Cynlee Tu parles franis alors c'est super mega chouette. :) Il n'y a pas de quoi pour les explications. Hi Cynlee You speak french then it's a very very very very cool :) You're welcome for the explanation. Christophe

Enmos ( ) posted Mon, 25 October 2004 at 11:33 AM

Wow so much cool stuff here !! I have been away on vacation so its only now that i see this, thanks for starting this part 2 Sheila and Cindy !! And thanks to all of you for making this thread work !! :o)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.