Fri, Sep 20, 5:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Tears

buck ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2000 at 1:39 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:41 AM

Does anyone have any tips on creating realistic tears? I've tried using a semi-transparent teardrop shaped prop, but they don't look realistic. It almost seems like it should be part of the texture map, but I can't seem to visualize it. Any tips appreciated. Buck

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2000 at 1:43 PM

The "easiest" way is to create a teardrop on the texture map and create an appropriate bump map - that or put them in post-render. I know a few other people tried props, but I've only seen one that looked decent and that was a while back. Solo might have some pointers, since he (?) seems to be able to get a "wet look" on figures. I've also seen some decent results in Bryce; if you have that, it might be your best bet.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.