Thu, Sep 19, 6:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Cant afford another monitor...&^%#%@ D#$ Poser

ellocolobo ( ) posted Tue, 19 October 2004 at 5:43 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 6:39 PM

I know its been asked billons of times but when I export as an object what do i do to have textures to go with it..I have checked and unchecked...Going crazy and Im out of beer..Want to import into Bryce5...Using Poser5..dont tell me to use DS...still learning Poser.. Thanks...Will work for beer

Barryw ( ) posted Tue, 19 October 2004 at 5:46 PM

I have to copy the textures into the same folder as the .obj for it to work for me. I'm on a mac though so it might be a little different for you, but give it a try.

sekhet ( ) posted Tue, 19 October 2004 at 6:57 PM

Its a real pain to do,you have to go into the Bryce material editor select each individual body part and apply the texture and trans maps for the hair. There`s a tutorial for it somewhere.

bobcat574 ( ) posted Tue, 19 October 2004 at 7:07 PM

Attached Link: http://www.planit3d.com/source/tutorials/louis_tut/louis1.htm

here's the tutorial link.

ellocolobo ( ) posted Tue, 19 October 2004 at 7:30 PM

Thanks for your answers...I guess I should have asked 'Where does Poser save the ".jpg"...They last question it ask when you select export as Obj is the box where you check certain objects...What do you check and do not check...I know it saves a .mtl file in the director in which you saved the obj but it doesn't seem to call for that...? Im running a system search now for the .jpg

ellocolobo ( ) posted Tue, 19 October 2004 at 7:47 PM

Duh! well, slap my butt and call me Sally...I found it...And I must make the dumba** confession of the month...When I copy my files into the proper runtime folders, I usually "DELETE" the .jpg because I was thinking it was only showing me what the picture would look like... Thanks for you help...And remember, Rnlobo for Dumba** of the month award...:)

nickedshield ( ) posted Tue, 19 October 2004 at 7:50 PM

Attached Link: http://castironflamingo.com

ellocolobo, if you are doing a lot of exporting from Poser to Bryce you may want to look at this free app: Grouper. The current release collects textures for import.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

ellocolobo ( ) posted Tue, 19 October 2004 at 10:13 PM

Nickedshield...Beyond excellent...thank you for the great site tip...Already had Terrian Editor so I picked up Grouper and Babel...Tommorrow I study hard...Drinks for ya'll...Thanks

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Tue, 19 October 2004 at 11:26 PM

I know you said not to mention Daz Studio but it works wonders when going from poser to bryce not everything works but the things that get mangled you just do a poser to studio to byrce transfer but dont take it all the way into bryce, this makes one folder with all the jpeg maps you need in the folder where you are doing all the work. Then when you export from poser directly to an obj file and import into bryce you just point to one texture map which is in a folder for you and it finds the rest automatically since they are all in one folder - works great with dynamic cloth and complex conforming clothes - some work is still needed in byce with eyelashes but the rest usually comes through great. good luck

nickedshield ( ) posted Tue, 19 October 2004 at 11:50 PM

Yup, DS does manage to get a few things right. But if it's not being used for much except an interface between Poser and Bryce a 90 meg app is pretty heavy compaired to a 274k app.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.