Sat, Sep 21, 2:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:18 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: Writers - Don't Forget - October 24th Deadline

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2004 at 9:01 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:46 AM

file_133882.jpg

for both the Writers' Contest (Chivalry Lives!) and Writers' Challenge (a chance meeting with a Halloween twist) are both coming to an end on October 24th. If you know anyone who is not a Renderosity member that might like to join in the Writers' Contest, please know that you do not have to be a Renderosity member or a RIM subscriber to enter. We would enjoy getting poetry or prose from anyone who has a chivalrous idea. The RIM also has a Reader's Corner now, so you can submit fiction and poetry, as well as articles, interviews and tutorials to our editors at editor@renderositymagazine.com. Okay, it's a modest beginning, but we all have to start somewhere. Looking forward to more spooktacular entries in the challenge!!!

Satanimus ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 8:22 PM

Hellooo, can one enter a poem or do it have to be a wee tale?... :)

Gods need mortals to believe in them or they die, if gods die are they not mortal, and if they are mortal...why then do we call them gods??.

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2004 at 8:27 PM

Poetry or prose are equally fine. :)

cagewench ( ) posted Mon, 25 October 2004 at 12:20 PM

Is there any sort of theme you are looking for re: Reader's Corner?

cagewench ( ) posted Mon, 25 October 2004 at 12:26 PM

Thought of one more question... wouldn't it be kinda nice (though possibly time-consuming) for the editors of Reader's Corner to peruse the site and then if they saw something that they liked, contact the site member and ask if it could be used? Then you might get some of the wallflower artists as well :> cara

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2004 at 8:09 AM

The Reader's Corner is open for any theme, really. It just started so we put in 2nd and 3rd place winners of the the writer's contest, which happened to be a Halloween theme and fit in nicely with the month's events. I feel a little funny about soliciting people to be in the Reader's Corner because we can't pay them anything but entry into the RIM website. However, if anyone has any ideas for encouraging the writers here and on The RIM, I'm sure GonWaki will be happy to entertain them, as would I. Unfortunately this week we've been plagued with Internet connection problems and email blips so this hasn't been our best week for getting back to people, but it would be fun to get some of those wallflowers to come out aad let their words dance. :) By the way, the "theme" in November is going to continue the theme of Chivalry that we started in the contests. Later in December, we are going to celebrate a spaced out holiday season on the RIM. :) dialyn Senior Editor The RIM Website

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.