Fri, Sep 20, 6:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: VuePro4, Alpha Planes and Transparency

ShadowWind ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2004 at 9:36 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 6:47 AM

Has this been fixed in version 4.54? I am currently running 4.53 which is extremely stable and works well except for the fact that it does not like transparency in volumetric light. There is a line about improved handling of alpha information. Is this that? I know Vue 5 seems to have fixed this, but is it fixed in VuePro?

sacada ( ) posted Sat, 16 October 2004 at 12:08 AM

Only fixed in Vue 5.

nhirschberger ( ) posted Sat, 16 October 2004 at 3:09 AM

I'm running 4.54 since several weeks now and I agree with Scott, it's not fixed. The stability is comparable to 4.53. Norbert

Tagarack ( ) posted Mon, 18 October 2004 at 12:31 AM

Thanks for the info, considering Vue 5.

lilzeek ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2004 at 2:23 AM

regaltwo wrote a tutorial on a workaround for this. I have it mirrored at my site http://www.joshsdigitalcreations.com its under tutorials.

ShadowWind ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2004 at 4:01 AM

Appreciate everyone taking the time to answer. I looked at the tutorial mentioned lilzeek and it works for alpha planes, but it doesn't unfortunately work for transparent objects out of Poser. Maybe with some luck they'll fix it in VuePro4, but most likely they will wait until 5. Although I am curious how Agiel pulled it off in his image in VuePro.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.