Sat, Sep 21, 2:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Please Help

Chcicken_Soup ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2000 at 2:35 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:34 PM

file_138574.jpg

I was wondering if any one could take an object file (pictured above) and turn it into a posable poser figure... Help will be greatly appreciated... -Thanx Chicken Soup

wyrwulf ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2000 at 8:43 PM

I would if I could. This looks like an interesting character.

doozy ( ) posted Sat, 02 December 2000 at 1:16 PM

Making joints and stuff. That's quite a bit of work.

Chcicken_Soup ( ) posted Sat, 02 December 2000 at 1:30 PM

I know, and I'm not advanced enough to do it myself...

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sat, 02 December 2000 at 10:32 PM

Hey, Chicken Soup, I just "retired" from my job, so I have time. I know that I could cut the OBJ into the right parts, and I'll have time to learn how to do the rest. ClintH has his ongoing tutorial, and there are plenty of other resources available, as well. If you want me to give it a go, send me the OBJ at poserwulf@hotmail.com I will do what I can, and let you know if and when I get it done.

ScottA ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2000 at 2:19 PM

Got your private message CS. If you and wyrwulf get stuck. Let me know. ScottA

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2000 at 10:48 PM

ChickenSoup and ScottA, I think there is a problem with the original OBJ. It is WAY too big. Almost 10 MEG. That is probably too big to be feasible with Poser. Is there any way to properly reduce the file size? I have Carrara, RDS 5.5, and Rhino.

Chcicken_Soup ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2000 at 11:49 AM

I managed to open it in Carrara with no prob...

ScottA ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2000 at 5:03 PM

10 meg!!! Yikkes! My poor old PII266 will not handle that at all. I have a special piece of software that reduces file sizes. But you can't reduce things much without losing some quality. I could probably only chop it down to 7 meg before it starts to show signs of bad edges. We were just discussing this On the PoserTECH list. Folks need to be aware of the filesize as they make the models. 4-5meg. is the absolute tops for any Poser figure. Anything bigger than that. And you'll need a bank of SGI's to use it. ScottA

wyrwulf ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2000 at 10:27 PM

Yeah, I can get it into Carrara and work with it, but I loaded it into UVMapper, and it ran super slow. The mesh is way more complex than it needs to be for Poser. I will play with it, but I don't think I'm going to be able to do much. I am still learning modeling, and am not very advanced.

Chcicken_Soup ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2000 at 7:02 AM

Well it's ok, I have someone that's already finishing it up... you can still take the obj. to fool around with... thanx anyways, -Chicken_Soup

wyrwulf ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2000 at 1:12 PM

I'm glad you found some other help. Sorry that I couldn't. Thanks for letting me keep the OBJ to play with. It's a cool looking model, and I can imagine it animated.

Chcicken_Soup ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2000 at 1:44 PM

When It's finished, I'll make it available for download... But first I'll make a pic. with it to try it out... I'll let you know when it's done... -Chicken Soup

Chcicken_Soup ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2000 at 7:21 AM

file_138576.jpg

Chicken Figure ready and available for download...

doozy ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2000 at 12:46 PM

has anyone been able to download it? I alwasy get "exceeded daily download limits"

ScottA ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2000 at 3:43 PM

I-Drive is a real pain in the a**. There is a 150 meg. limit per day restriction. So right now. The best way to download a popular file is to: 1.)sign up for an account (very painless) 2.)click the link to a file like Chicken soup posted 3.)check the box next to the file and choose send 4.)type in your account and send it to your I-Drive account Then you can log in and download it from your own account. It's really slow. And a pain in the a**. But that's why it's free ;-) ScottA

Chcicken_Soup ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2000 at 4:07 AM

I've changed the download link, it's now to homestead and should probably work better...

doozy ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2000 at 12:49 PM

file_138577.jpg

I got it on the first try at Homestead. Thanks to both of you!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.