Sat, Sep 21, 2:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:18 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: Writer's Forum September/October Challenge - Voting Thread

GonWaki ( ) posted Sun, 24 October 2004 at 12:33 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:40 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/contest.ez?contest_id=409&folder_id=27

Very interesting entries for everyone to read. Please visit the attached link to read the stories and cast your votes in this thread.

3 points for your #1 pick,
2 points for your #2 pick,
1 point for #3.

Voting closes October 29, 2004 at 8PM Renderosity time. Result will be posted in this thread after tally is completed.

Have fun!

shemia ( ) posted Sun, 24 October 2004 at 3:41 AM

I had two weeks away from the net because I'd moved house and had to wait to have phone and net connected. Now that I'm back online again I've had a chance to read and even re-read some of the entries for this contest. There is a lot of talent out there and I've thoroughly enjoyed reading the entries. Good luck to all those who have entered and thanks to GonWaki and dialyn for their help and patience during this contest. I've loved being a part of it. regards shemia (Helen)

Satanimus ( ) posted Sun, 24 October 2004 at 5:05 PM

Now to start the voting we go to... Satanimus... Hello Writers Forum and the votes are_ 3 points - garblesnix. 2 points - Gurami. 1 point - jstro. that concludes the votes from Satanimus... Good luck all. :)

Gods need mortals to believe in them or they die, if gods die are they not mortal, and if they are mortal...why then do we call them gods??.

Wolfspirit ( ) posted Sun, 24 October 2004 at 8:49 PM

Question, can we who entered vote as well or not? Excuse me in advance, if this question appears ignorant and thank you to whomever answers as well in advance.

cagewench ( ) posted Mon, 25 October 2004 at 8:53 AM

Hmmmn 3 points - Gurami 2 points - garblesnix 1 point - Wolfspirit Good luck :> Cara-Mae/cagewench

Kethram ( ) posted Mon, 25 October 2004 at 12:08 PM

3 points: jstro 2 points: Gurami 1 point: foxwriter74

Wolfspirit ( ) posted Mon, 25 October 2004 at 5:48 PM

Just to let everyone know, I would not vote for myself...I was just wondering is all. Thanks for your time.

garblesnix ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2004 at 10:54 AM

GonWaki:
Is it permissable for us to go to other forums with an "O.T., but R'sity Community Related" type of message in an attempt to get readers over here?
I don't know how many people e-mail/I.M. you for voting, but it seems, from the usual posts visible here, we have the same small group writing and voting each time (nice people, all, bless them each and every one).
I'm thinking it might spark some interest in members of other forums.
Not everyone can bevel a gromeloogie in 3D Studio Max, or flatulate a polygon in Wings 3D, but everyone is capable of putting words together...0kay, not everyone, but most of the posters seem fairly competent.
Let me know your thoughts.

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2004 at 10:50 PM

To clarify, you may indeed vote yourself. Indeed, why not? garblesnix, the participation in the Writer's Forum has varied widely over time. If you can think of ways to encourage more writers to our little group, I'm sure GonWaki will be glad to entertain them. I know that his time is limited on the Internet this week, so please be patient. I know Renderosity has a policy against members spamming for the forums. I wonder if we could get a dispensation for the writer's forum for at least a challenge or two. I shall tiptoe into the moderator's forum and at least pose the question. I may be delayed by trying to imagine beveling a gromeloogie, however.

Wolfspirit ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2004 at 1:08 AM

3 points: Gurami 2 points: Garblesnix 1 point: Foxwriter74

Gurami ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2004 at 3:00 AM

3 points: Garblesnix 2 points: jstro 1 point: Foxwriter74

garblesnix ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2004 at 1:28 PM

If this ends in a tie, I think the tie-er's should sponsor an oil wrestling contest between Posette and Vicky 2 to determine victory.

Or Dork and Michael 1, depending upon your sensibilities.

Or Alien and Predator, if you still live in your parents basement and wear Hai-Karate cologne.

It could be the challenge we're talking about for the other forums.

...just a thought...

cagewench ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2004 at 8:34 PM

ROTFLMAO!!!!!! cara

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2004 at 8:50 PM ยท edited Fri, 29 October 2004 at 8:51 PM

garblesnix 10
Guarmi 10
jstro 6
Wolfspirit 1
foxwriter74 3

Here are your choices...

you can wait for GonWaki to come online and be the tiebreaker....

or....

garblesnix and Guarmi can get together to be co-managers for the November writing contest, and decide a theme between them. That means neither can enter the contest, because the managers abstain from entering.

The winners can decide what their preference is.

Good going, everyone! I enjoyed your entries very much.

If any of you would like your entries placed in The Renderosity Interactive Magazine Reader's Corner, please let me know and I will be glad to do that and give you a month's free entryway onto the website (of course, if you have the good taste to already be a subscriber, all I can offer is the Reader's Corner posting).

Thank you for participating. I am looking forward to November.

Message edited on: 10/29/2004 20:51

garblesnix ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2004 at 12:33 PM

Dialyn, et al:
I would love to be part of the RIM Reader's corner (and the month entry, of course).

Gurami: Wanna work together? We can each select our theme and see how we can mesh them together. Then, let's try to get a challenge going to get a graphic/picture/stick figure/emoticon created on one of the other forums.

GonWaki: The above suggestion to Gurami does not take into consideration your desire to be the tiebreaker, if one exists. Just don't vote for Bush or Kerry. I don't want to see the Forum's outcome decided by the Supreme Court. They may not get what it is we're doing, although Clarence would probably love a NVIATWAS. ;^)

GonWaki ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2004 at 3:58 AM

Thanks for tallying the vote, dialyn.

Since we have a tie between garblesnix and Gurami, the next forum challenge is up the them. It'll be interesting to see what a team can devise.

shemia ( ) posted Mon, 01 November 2004 at 2:46 AM

Congratulations to Gurami and garblesnix for first place. You both did an incredible job of the theme I picked. I think you both have a lot of talent as do the other entries but I guess there can only be one (or in this case two)winner/s. Can't wait for the next challenge to see what you two come up with.

Garblesnix, I love your sense of humour and reading the postings in this forum I've laughed out loud. I'm trying to get my head around how you could possibly (or even want to)flatulate a polygon in Wings 3D. Mental images I really don't need....LOL.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.