Sun, Oct 6, 7:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: goosebumps on skin?

lemur01 ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2004 at 2:25 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:23 AM

Any of you clever ppl know how to do it? I've got photoshop 7, but i'm no expert. Jack

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2004 at 4:03 PM

hmmm... if you have poser 5 you might try displacement mapping. As far as what the actual map would look like I have no idea. Goosebumps usually involve the hair sticking out as well...

lemur01 ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2004 at 4:10 PM

Nah, poser4 (well, i've got P5 and i sometimes take it out of the box and have a giggle)... but i was thinking more of postwork rather than the actual render. Thanks anyway. Jack

PabloS ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2004 at 7:28 PM

i too would be interested in hearing someone's ideas on this for either P5 or postwork

jentron ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2004 at 3:12 PM

file_136997.jpg

Displacement Maps?

lemur01 ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2004 at 3:41 PM

mmmm still looking for a postwork solution though (me and poser5 dn't get on very well) :) jack

DarkestRose ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2004 at 4:11 PM · edited Fri, 29 October 2004 at 4:22 PM

acutally an easy solution is to take your bump map and create a negative image in your photoeditor and save it as bumx.jpg for it. Just make sure you only use it on the areas where she would have goosebumps. Do two renders, one without and then overlay it, so you can make sure you don't have funky other skin textures going on.

Message edited on: 10/29/2004 16:22

momodot ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2004 at 10:28 PM

I often texture skin with the patern stamp. You could paint a single goose bump by finding a close up of one in a photo then make a tiling patern of that to use with the stamp in screen soft light or hard light mode... I find it works best to have the patern in gray scale... sometimes you need to have it baselined gray with curve. I believe a goose bump is just a bump... you could take a render of a ball set half way into a plane and use that as the base for your painting after establing the lighting.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.