Fri, Oct 4, 6:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: Thinking of buying David - any feedback?

KarenJ ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2004 at 2:50 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 4:20 PM

Well, I have the budget to buy a figure this month. I'm torn between the new mil teens and David. The mil teens are cheaper, but I very rarely have a need or want for characters of this age. If they could morph younger I might consider them more strongly. I can get the David bundle for $99.99 but I already have the wedge hair. What are the David textures like, are they significantly different from the M3 texture maps? This purchase needs to be at Daz as I have a gift certificate to spend, so I can't consider the Aeon figures. Any views?

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2004 at 3:24 PM

I personally recommend getting David and his clothes. You can forget about getting the maps if you like as he can use M3 maps. If you already own the wedge cut there is probably no point in getting the bundle. David base 39.95 head morphs 14.95 body morphs 14.95 clothing pack 19.95 It will all depend upon what you want. I know David was a well received figure. I have not heard any positive or negative feedback about Luke and Laura.

Lawndart ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2004 at 4:09 PM

What are the "Aeon" figures? Can you give a link to these figures? Thanks, Joe

KarenJ ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2004 at 4:22 PM

Attached Link: http://www.poserpros.com/store/index.php?selcat=236&selsub=237

Joe, the Aeon figures are by Dodger, at PoserPros. Basically they are built from the unimesh figures - or morphed from them, I am not a modeller so I'm not sure of the correct terminology. There are a series of girls and boys, the girls are all based on V3 and the boys on M3. This allows you to have a big age range with just one base figure. And of course they take all the textures shared by that figure, too.

"you are terrifying

Lawndart ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2004 at 5:04 PM

Great! Thanks for the link. Joe

ynsaen ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2004 at 5:19 PM

If you have no use for youngish characters, then hold of on the teens and get David. He's generally superior in little details that were not as effectively done in M3, and he's distinct enough that he's very usable. He accepts a great many of the morphs packs available as well, so that's always helpful, too. His texture maps are decent.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

xoconostle ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2004 at 6:07 PM

I've never seen a complaint about the David mesh per se. It's superb. If you need a teen male character before buying the MilTeens, you can make a decent one using David.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2004 at 11:13 PM

If Laura is a pre-teen, she's rather over developed...

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2004 at 1:27 AM

I'm also thinking of picking up David before year end. He does seem to be well supported in terms of clothing, and there is a new Western gunfighter outfit over at Daz in the Platinum Club... That has a lot of appeal for me.

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity

Staby ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2004 at 3:44 AM

I can highly recommend David. It is a lot superior to M3 as far as regard morphs and joint setting. While he is shorter than M3, you can just select body and scale him 110% or so and you get a comparable character that is better proportioned IMHO. Or you could scale him down and get a teen. Some one posted a pic in the gallery some days ago and he made a preschooler out of David just scaling him and it was looked OK. You can transfer morphs from V3 SP3 to David with morph manager too and viceversa, so he is very versatile. You will not be disappointed.

rowan_crisp ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2004 at 5:19 AM

David is great, a great deal handsomer than M3, frankly. And if you look for Netherworks' free David Millenium hair kit, you'll be able to use any hair on him. :) RC

jaybutton ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2004 at 6:48 AM

David is a great model, but doesn't have enough clothing in my opinion. :) Jay

KarenJ ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2004 at 6:52 AM

It seems everyone is happy with David, so I am definitely going to buy him this weekend. And I have that certificate, so my husband can't tell me off about the bill ^_^ Thanks for all the views :)

"you are terrifying

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.