Sun, Sep 22, 12:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Poser gallery postings

Mivan ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2004 at 2:20 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:30 PM

Is there any regulations/rules as to what percentage of poser content must be contained in an image in order to post it to the poser gallery? Just curious. Thanks Mike

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2004 at 2:28 PM

By "Poser Content" do you mean the stuff that comes with Poser? If so, no, there are no restrictions. After all, DAZ and plenty of other people make tons of Poser stuff. Not many people use the default models/clothes/props. The request is that the final render is done in Poser. Note that it's a request, not a requirement.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2004 at 4:49 PM

Oh you could get some interesting replies to this one, a very political question if I ever saw one! Can't wait! ;-)

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2004 at 4:56 PM

I define a Poser image as one whose focus is on Poser objects, such as figures. I sometimes export my figures to render in Bryce, but I sometimes upload it as a Poser image.

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2004 at 10:46 PM

hmm..I do the same, but usually put them in the Bryce gallery. But then, I've been known to render a Bryce image, import it into Poser as a background (thanx, Dr. Geep), and call it Poser..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2004 at 10:51 PM

Yeah, I guess I choose which gallery to post it in by how much work was done in each program. If I set up the scene in Poser and just rendered in Bryce, I'd probably call it Poser. If I set up a background and a dolphin figure in Poser, then set up lighting and atmospheric effects in Bryce, I'd probably call it Bryce. So I guess it varies a lot ;) I do always list all the programs involved in each image, though.

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 01 November 2004 at 12:41 PM

I expected more on this one so I'll just cast a hook. The Poser gallery should be for Poser images, i.e made in poser with poser figures etc. and rendered in poser too. For those that use different programmes for their images e.g. a bit of poser, a bit of bryce, a bit of Vue etc. these should be posted in "mixed medium" 'cos that's what they are :-) Ok people hit me! ;-)

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Doodles ( ) posted Mon, 01 November 2004 at 1:03 PM

I agree with thefixer. Whatever program you use the most to create the image should be the one it's listed under and if it's a lil bit of posr, bryce, vue etc...should be posted in the mix medium. I'm trying to place my images in the proper gallery too. The truth is that the poser gallery gets more attention so if you post it in there your image will probably get more views and or comments.

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 01 November 2004 at 1:23 PM

Oh come on Doodles, I was expecting to be savaged like a fox by a pack of hounds, not have someone agree with me ;-)

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Wed, 03 November 2004 at 8:01 PM

Well technically Bryce, Poser, Vue, etc. are programs, not seperate media. Renders made with them are the same medium: 3D/raytraced. Mixed media would be like 2D cartoonism mixed with a 3D background. 3D model from one program rendered on 3D background from another program is still 3D. Medium refers to the materials used in the creation of a work. All raytracing software, be it Bryce, Vue, Poser, Blender, POV-Ray, or whatever, are the same media. Took art in high school, the course mostly consisted of the "rules" ^^ Oh, more on topic: Most of the renders in my gallery use Poser stuff, but only one is actually in the Poser gallery - one done entirely in P5 ^^ Everything else with Poser stuff is in the Bryce gallery, because that's what they were rendered in.

SteveJax ( ) posted Wed, 03 November 2004 at 9:55 PM

Attached Link: http://www.lostin3d.com/images/Poser/LostInSpace/TurkeyDay.jpg

What I render in Bryce I post in Bryce, what I render in Poser I post in Poser. Your mileage may vary. IE: My Poser Renders may have Bryce Rendered Backgrounds or my Bryce Renders may have Poser Figures. But I post the images according to final render. The above example is Poser Render with a Bryce Background.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Wed, 03 November 2004 at 10:13 PM

i have mixed feelings about this. i have images in my gallery that were set up in poser and rendered in shade. i call them poser images because shade is a modeling program (with a render engine) and i didnt model anything in the scenes so to put it in under shade would (in my opinion) be potentialy confusing. If i use a diffrent program i will disclose it in the text. if you use mixed media as a classification then most everything in the gallerys would be under that because technicaly post-work would be a second program. I just wish we could pick all the programs we used and have our images come up under all the catagories. this might be useful in the galleries if you could sort by multiple programs so I could sort out images that use programs that i have and see what I could (in theory) do

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

elizabyte ( ) posted Wed, 03 November 2004 at 10:51 PM

Well technically Bryce, Poser, Vue, etc. are programs, not seperate media. EXACTLY. The medium here is "digital", no matter how many programs you use. "Mixed media" means something more along the lines of, say, pen-and-ink PLUS digital (i.e., you drew it and then scanned it and colored it in some program), or graphite PLUS watercolor, etc. etc. Leastways, that's my opinion. Your mileage may vary. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.