Tue, Oct 22, 10:15 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 9:37 am)

Subject: Anime Doll Kit

alexnb ( ) posted Mon, 01 November 2004 at 5:42 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 10:09 AM

I recently downloaded the Anime Doll Kit from StudioMaya. I transfered all of the files to their appropriate folders in my Poser 4.0 directory. When I open Poser, the Anime Doll Kit folders appear in their correct places, but they are all empty. Can someone tell me what's wrong?

selkins16 ( ) posted Mon, 01 November 2004 at 9:54 PM

Hi Alex, I believe the Anime Doll Kit is for sale here in the marketplace for $22.00. If you got something from Studio Maya maybe it's the free Maya Doll? Someone correct me if I'm wrong please... but maybe he uses the same folders for his freebies as you would expect for the anime doll kit. But the kit isn't a freebie that I know of. Hope that helps and If something has changed, I hope someone will please set me straight! :)

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 11:21 AM

If the files are set up properly in the zip, you extract them to your poser 4 directory and make sure that "use folder names" is checked in winzip.

Hawke ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 12:18 PM

As far as I am aware you can't get animedoll directly from studiomaya, only through the renderosity marketplace (under user name Mayax). selkins16 is correct, the free model available for download from studiomaya is mayadoll basic. I do believe certain folders are common to both models.

alexnb ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 8:59 PM

For clarification, I downloaded the Anime Doll Kit from Renderosity. I said StudioMaya because that was the company that made it. Sorry for the confusion. Anyway, it seems like the pp2, lt2, rsr, cr2, and obj files that I downloaded are not able to be read by P4. I did notice a discrepancy between the file types that I downloaded and the file types of the files that came with P4. The files that came with P4 are shown as "Poser 4.0 Document" when the files from Anime Doll Kit are shown as "Text document".

Crescent ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 11:00 PM

What specific directory are you extracting the files to? Do you have the "Use folders" option checked when you extract the files. Depending on how your computer is set up, it might misidentify the .pp2 (etc.) files as text files. You can open them up in text editing programs. Cheers!

alexnb ( ) posted Wed, 03 November 2004 at 9:01 PM

I know that I can open the files up in text editing programs. That doesn't help me at all. I want to be able to open them up in Poser.

selkins16 ( ) posted Wed, 03 November 2004 at 10:14 PM

I believe Crescent was only saying that those files are ACTUALLY only text files that CAN be opened in a text editing program. I don't believe he/she was telling you to open them that way. It sounds like a classic file recognition issue to me. Sounds like your computer is associating that file type with your text editor. I'm not sure I can tell you how to check that but I'm sure some of the gurus can... if you're nice... :) It might help if you'd post whether you're using a Mac or PC and what operating system you're using if you still need help. I personally haven't ever heard of this happening, so you might just need the right person to pop in here and see this...

Crescent ( ) posted Wed, 03 November 2004 at 10:28 PM

Thanks, selkins16, that is what I was trying to say. What specific directory are you extracting the files to? Do you have the "Use folders" option checked when you extract the files? I'll also add: Are you moving the files once you've extracted them? Poser will only read and display files if they're in certain directories.

alexnb ( ) posted Thu, 04 November 2004 at 1:27 AM

I extracted the obj files into the Geometries directory, the cr2 files into the character directory, the lt2 files into the light directory, and the pp2 files into the props directory. As for the operating system, I am using Mac OS 9.2

lmacken ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 12:35 AM

Maybe you need to run the files through Poser Maconverter to get the correct file types for the Mac. Then Poser Macinstaller will put them in the correct location. Search on MartinC in Free Stuff

alexnb ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2004 at 8:03 PM

Hooray! Everything works now! Thanx peoples!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.