Sat, Sep 21, 3:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: WAY! OT: IE or Netscape?

headgamer ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2000 at 7:17 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:56 PM

Hey all, I am finally getting around to putting together some kind of web site, and the design I currently have works fine with IE, but not so great with Netscape. Now I guess I could tailor versions of the site to each browser and redirect people to the correct site based on their browser, but that is just extra work I don't enjoy. So I was just curious: how many out there use IE and how many use Netscape? You could either reply here or just reply to me directly via email if you prefer (though my guess is most people won't see this topic as important enough to reply at all... hehehe...). Just curious (as always), HG.... P.S. (Now I just need to actually produce some work to put on the website...LOL...)

epsilon ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2000 at 9:22 AM

i use both web browsers, but mostley netscape, but at the moment i am using IE due you it has more features (iam on a mac but i do not think the version should be much diffrence)what program did you use? epsilon i am switching ti IE

Spanfarkle ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2000 at 9:33 AM

I use Netscape. I put together my first site and found out that my rollovers would not work with IE.

AzChip ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2000 at 9:46 AM

I use IE. Not because of any particular loyalty to MS, just because it's on my machines.... Guess I'm lazy....

ClintH ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2000 at 11:00 AM

I use IE ONLY. I do not like Netscape at all. I am a hardcore Intel and MicroSoft supporter. ;) Not looking for any flames or debates on this. I work in the industry and have for 20 years. All I have used is mainly Intel and Microsoft stuff thats why I support both. They are stable and work..for me at least. :) My .5 cents. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

keithw ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2000 at 4:55 PM

At work I use Both IE and Netscape. The IS dept were I work standardized on Netscape but because of some problems with an intranet application they had to install IE. At home I use IE. I just like IE features a little more than Netscapes.

willf ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2000 at 9:34 PM

I use IE4.5 & 5 on a regular basis. Also use Netscape if needed and am getting to like i-cab (MAC).

hoborg ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2000 at 2:20 PM

Two words: Browser integration. I can't tell you how many times I'd be sniffing around on my hard drive, or I have an extra window open, and, when I need to get online, I don't have to open another program, just click on the address bar of explorer, and suddenly, it's INTERNET explorer! That new version of Netscape looks pretty cool, but I think you'll find it's just as useless as the previous ones. Humbug. (P.S. I use IE. :)) Hoborg

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.