Tue, Oct 22, 3:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: It took almost two years to render it!

macmullin ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2004 at 10:14 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:24 AM

file_139751.jpg

I am quite ecstatic this morning! Pleased is not the word, I know you guys would say "This image is just a typical Vue Render"and I would reply "Yes very true.But It took almost two years to render it". It all goes like this

I guess about two years ago I purchased Vue 4 for my render engine and landscape modeler, thinking I was going to re-create and invent the world - at lease in pixel form... But to my disappointment not because of Vue - but my machine, although it was quite fast was not quite good enough to work with it properly. I was always looking at objects in a fractured wire frame and trying to see moving objects about was a night mare regardless of the settings. The redraw some times when I was working were a couple of seconds and I gave up on using Vue to its full potential.

About two weeks and a half ago I guess, my computer had to digest a large power surge after a power outage and it burned up the machine and everything including a number of projects in progress. One that was almost ready for the Renderosity market place too. (I had the projects progressions backed up on CD - but they were two weeks old and losing all that that time, work, and a machine - I was not a happy camper)

Regardless I had to buy a new machine ( I make my living doing multimedia) if I could afford it or not it was cheaper to buy a new box than it was going to fix the old one - so I did. I am glad I did... the speed of this thing is unreal thank god. For the first time this morning I was able to work in Vue with all my objects shaded - I could see where I was going for the very first time and I had control, over the environment in which I was working.

SoTo celebrate my new Vue experience... I have posted this meager render although it has taken me almost two years. :-P

Odyssey ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2004 at 10:32 AM

Glad for you :) And I know the feeling.... Recieved my copy of Vue 5 and was so thrilled about all the new features, but my puter cannot handle the new stuff :( So, it's my turn to wait until I can buy myself a new puter to be able to play with radiosity and the more advanced features.... Enjoy your new puter and have fun :) Elaine

wabe ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2004 at 11:12 AM

Maybe you should rename yourself Phoenix? Reborn out of ashes! Enjoy yourself and us with the new computer.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

macmullin ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2004 at 2:19 PM

Perhaps thats a good idea wabe ... which reminds me... of an old band "Grand Funk Railroad" They had an album named Phoenix. :-)

Veritas777 ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2004 at 3:29 PM

Attached Link: http://www.apcc.com/products/category.cfm?id=13

One of the BEST investments you can EVER make is a good UPS system. They are pretty cheap these days. I've used APC UPS on my computers for over 10 years and have never lost anything to power problems. That's because you CAN'T- the UPS completely insulates your computer from ALL line spikes, dips, brown-outs, etc. If you DEPEND on your computer- you should have one...

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2004 at 9:21 PM

"One of the BEST investments you can EVER make is a good UPS system. They are pretty cheap these days." This is one thing I'm in 100% agreement with Veritas777 on. ;-) Backup emergency power supplies are crucial to saving your hard work. Even if you have a good surge (spike) protector, it won't help in a complete power failure situation.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

Veritas777 ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2004 at 9:46 PM

It also won't help in a Brown-Out- which can cause damage to your computer without you even being aware of it. MANY electrical power grids worldwide OFTEN have reduced power levels, depending upon the time of day. You NEVER get consistent electrical power to your computer- UNLESS- it it is on a UPS. On a UPS your PC ALWAYS gets consistent power. UPS's are the greatest when suddenly the power goes OFF! --and your PC just hums right along like nothing in the world is wrong... Usually you have 15-20 minutes to shut-down on a UPS should the power be off for a long time. Never lose ANYTHING EVER with a UPS...

war2 ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2004 at 12:53 AM

praise the ups :) but yeah i do agree, its a great investment.

macmullin ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2004 at 7:12 AM

I had an APC 700 series Smart UPS for four years and it die for no good reason (now a very heavy paper weight). The warranty had expired (three years) and I never replaced it due to finances at the time. Your right its a good investment and is time to purchase another one soon!

rwilliams ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2004 at 7:03 PM

Sam's Club has a great price on an 1100 Pro Series. APC Back-UPS Pro 1100 Personal Needs > Computers & Peripherals > Power Protection > Battery Backup & UPS Model: BP1100 Fast recharge time, hot-swappable batteries, and much more. Item: 631221 $124.63

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.