Thu, Sep 19, 10:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Paging Doctor Smith......

Jaymonjay ( ) posted Wed, 10 November 2004 at 11:34 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:52 AM

When's the challenge over? You know, it'd be real nice if this forum had an assistant mod for times when Agent Smith must be absent. Oh wait.... we do. Clay? Care to coordinate or something? ;)

Mahray ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 12:11 AM

I was wondering myself...

Come visit us at RenderGods.

Ignore the shooty dog thing.

Kemal ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 3:50 AM

I don't remember last time I seen post by Clay, lol, AS needs to consider pronouncing someone to be co-moderator, ground control to AgentSmith, hehe ! :P

draculaz ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 4:53 AM

pfft... AS can replicate himself however many times he pleases. Drac (it's true, i saw it in a movie once)

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 7:13 AM
Forum Moderator

Don't worry about the challenge. I won! ;-)

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Nukeboy ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 8:26 AM

Being a native Californian, and only living a couple hundred miles away, I volunteer! (Bad, very bad idea, Nukeboy)

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 8:57 AM

well, if a co-mod is needed.. I would like to apply for the position :)

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Ardiva ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 9:06 AM

Which reminds me, I haven' seen AS here very much lately. Wonder what's up?

Ang25 ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 9:12 AM

I rememeber him saying he was away from home with an iffy internet connection. Looks like it went poofff on him.

Ardiva ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 9:20 AM

Yeah, that could be it, Ang.

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 10:03 AM

wow, you've got good memory Ang!

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Swade ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 10:13 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=107&Form.ShowMessage=1991921

You are right Ang25.... the link is to his thread stating his being away with an "iffy" internet connection.

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't.ย 

Aย whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

Swade ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 10:32 AM

I also looked to see when Clay is even here.... he has only made 5 posts to the Bryce Forum in the last year (November 2003 - November 2004). I think AS needs to have a "NEW" assistant mod. He does a great job here.... but as everyone knows there are things that come up that prevent us from being here. Clay apparently has way too much other stuff to do. AS has a lot to do too.... yet he finds the time when he can to be here. We certainly need to cut AS some slack IMO. He has to be concerned about his job before the forum. And when he can be here... he offers so much to all of us.

Ang25 ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 10:52 AM

@Rayraz LMAO figures my memory works in here, never works in the real world.

Jaymonjay ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 11:01 AM

Swade - Agreed. AS is a god amongst us mere mortals. But even God took a day off. ;)

MoonGoat ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 11:57 AM

I wonder if he's reading this right now while shaking his head with that "These people are whacko" expression.

Jaymonjay ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 12:01 PM

Probably. And he would be right. :)

Ang25 ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 12:52 PM

AS goes missing every so often, one time someone put up a milk carton with his pic on it. :-P

tjohn ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 3:17 PM

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Kemal ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 3:19 PM ยท edited Thu, 11 November 2004 at 3:20 PM

With all do respect to mr Clay H I think ist's time to let him go :)

I know it is not an easy thing to choose who is going to help to AS and watch over this forum when he is absent, but my opinion is that person should be someone who at least is on opposite schedule then him, or he/she is not working at all (yep, there are ppl like that:P).

Without any desire to gain anything from it, except to help this community and our dear AS(hard working guy he is) I'm also offering my help in the forum. Hope you guys don't mind. I had the best intentions possible by doing this...Cheers :)

Message edited on: 11/11/2004 15:20

Swade ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 4:18 PM

Agreed Kemal... and it is perfectly ok for you to offer your time. That is part of what being a member to something is all about. 8) I just think that there needs to be someone that can/will fill in for AS when he can't be here. The one that is supposed to do that is never here.... well very rarely here. So I also think it is time to replace said missing assistant mod with one that will be here and actually help AgentSmith. Just my opinion though.

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 4:55 PM

hmm... well I'm in europe, so I would be in a quite diff timezone and thus diff timescedual as AS right? ;) I'm still available for becommming co-mod :P

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Swade ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 5:32 PM

Don't think it would matter where in the world one is Rayraz. 8) The fact of the matter is you would be here 8)... Clay isn't. At times like this when AS has to be gone... Clay should be here to fill in for him.... and he isn't. People like you, Kemal, Nukeboy, and anyone else that would offer to do the job,... would be here to help AS out some. It seems to me after thinking of all the stuff that AgentSmith does here... he has quite a large load on his shoulders and he carries it alone. I think it would be great if one of the regular peeps here were AgentSmiths co-mod... whether you live in Europe, US, Africa, Korea... wouldn't matter where you lived. 8)

Kemal ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 6:33 PM

I understand what you are saying Wade, it was only mentioned, i believe, in the light of beeing more available at times AS is sleeping or at work :D I was basicly more thinking out loud then firmly forming an opinion or even suggestion, but the only thing which really matters( I agree with you 100%) is actually that we need one regardless :D My opinion is also, if AS see us discussing this openly, that he will be more encouraged by our support in this matter and hopefully decide in his own favor of making moderating job/possition easier ! :D

Jaymonjay ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 6:44 PM

While I agree with all of the above (down with Clay! j/k), it seems a little premature to be throwing hats into the ring. Besides which, the 'Rosity big wigs probably get the final decision on who gets the job, and like so many big corporations, they'll probably give it to whichever middle-management drone has his nose farthest up their collective butts. ;)

Swade ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 7:26 PM

Kemal... I think it is great that there are people here that would like to and be willing to help AS as an assistant mod. It is something that AS has mentioned and as you said, in seeing this thread he may find it easier to make a decision to move forward with it. Jay... LOL I hope that there isn't anyone here who is stuffing their nose up the management's collective butts. @.@ You are right about being a bit premature to be throwing hats into the ring. I was just thinking/mentioning that I think it is great to see that there are folks here in the forum that have or would make time for and would want to do a co-mod thing with AS. It will all turn out good though. I am confident of that. 8)

Ang25 ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 8:51 PM ยท edited Thu, 11 November 2004 at 8:52 PM

Sorry tjohn, I knew it was you but I was afraid that I'd be wrong if I typed it and didn't look it up to be sure and I was too lazy to go trying to find it to confirm. So my apologies for not naming you. Thanks for the link
:-D

Message edited on: 11/11/2004 20:52

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 10:47 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=808947&Start=19&Sectionid=2&filter_genre_id=0&WhatsN

With Agent Smith gone and Clay MIA who's policing the Galleries for such questionable images and claims as the one at this link?

Kemal ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 11:01 PM

Already deleted !!! :P

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 13 November 2004 at 7:24 AM ยท edited Sat, 13 November 2004 at 7:25 AM

Attached Link: http://www.btinternet.com/~tobor/

As well it should be! The guy was illegally redistributing Tobor's Robbie the Robot Mesh with a link to his website when the file is still available from the author's website at the following link!

Message edited on: 11/13/2004 07:25

clay ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 11:32 PM

Oh yee of little faith, I'm always around..I see and read what you all post, I've been testing the new software that you might be using..hang tight, I work in the movie industry and test software for all this junk you use, yes I'm not a mod anymore cuz I've been busy..christ I gotta make a living too!!! No worries Rendo has taken me off as a mod under a mutual decision, I just don't have time to answer ques that can be done by opening up a USER MANUAL!!!! so don't go talkin junk when ya don't know what you're talkin about, thanks:-) Clay

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

Kemal ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2004 at 12:26 AM

Sup Clay :) Sorry that you understood things in a wrong way, junk is not certanly what was on my (or other ppl's) mind(s) !!! :) We were merely suggesting that AS needs help, and since you are not arround, that sounds to me as a natural subject for discussion. We ALL are busy and have our private lives, so, if some of us in all that life mess did find some free time to help, as much as we can, that should not be seen as some kind of intrusion or offence... If that took place, then I appologize, have a nice Brycing day, sir ! :D

clay ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2004 at 12:36 AM

Is fine, just be careful what you say, trust me, I'm always here, I see what ya'll say and such, just cuz I don't or AS don't rspond right away doesn't mean we don't care..ya'll just have to realize howt all this work, its not instant and not perfect, we are not a tech support team but we sure help out with all the really hard and not so hard ques ya'll have, so just be patient..and nahh AS and I have held this fort for a few years, if you look in hindsight, ya'll answer most of your questions before we can even get to em LOL But we are here!!! I promise you that!!!!!!! As Was hired for a good reason, and that's that. Be patient.

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

Kemal ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2004 at 12:51 AM

Hey, I moderate things on couple of boards and currently beta-testing too, so I actually know what are U talking about...

I do not think it is all about patience, AS is our friend too, offering our help to him is an honor to us !

And trust me, I'm always here too :P

Cheers :)

(don't make me paranoid now about what I'm saying, just finished watching episode of X-files, lol :P)

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2004 at 8:30 AM
Forum Moderator

Big Brother has spoken! (See p33)

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2004 at 4:45 PM

Jay, forum co-ordinator's aren't paid and therefore it "Ain't" a job!

Nukeboy ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2004 at 8:30 PM

AS gets paid? Cool!

Jaymonjay ( ) posted Tue, 16 November 2004 at 12:54 AM

I spoke in haste. My apologies, clay.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Tue, 16 November 2004 at 11:16 AM

I don't know if AS get's paid or not but He's a Mod not a Co-Ordinator. I thought they were both voluntary positions though but even I can be wrong 50% of the time.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.