Tue, Oct 22, 1:08 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 11:46 am)

Subject: Revised Daz4D Website -- be careful

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 5:34 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:06 PM

The Daz3D website has been given a major revision, and the links to their free stuff seem broken at the moment. You will need to login again, and possibly more often. Also, thr structure of the catalogue has changed. It also seems heavier on the graphics, and benefits from as wide a screen as you can manage. Overall, some of the changes are improvments, but there seems to be a bit too much change for change;s sake.

melanie ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 6:01 PM

This happens periodically. I sort of like the new look. It's going to take a bit of getting used to and finding things, but I think it looks pretty nice. Melanie

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 7:26 PM

Oooooh, as wide a screen, huh? I just pumped my 22" mon up to 2048x1536. That oughta be nice. >;0)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

ย -- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Kristta ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 7:48 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH They've got a sale going and I have no money (gotta buy Christmas for the kids. can't spend money at Daz. Must buy for kids.......) Kristta

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 10:39 PM

I'd hold out just a while longer, Kristta. Just purchased three items with Paypal (received receipt from Paypal and Daz3D), but the order is still open (plenty of funds to cover purchase). When I try to get to "Support" or "Email Us", I just get "404 - Not Found". Patience is virtual.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

ย -- Bjarne Stroustrup

elizabyte ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 10:43 PM

When I try to get to "Support" or "Email Us", I just get "404 - Not Found". Write to sales@daz3d.com Give them the order number and they'll fix you up. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 10:44 PM

One good thing is that they have made it much easier to track previous orders.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 10:59 PM

Yes, I was just about to do that (but giving them a second or two to maybe fix the situation). :) mathman, I like the new functionality as well as the "Itemized Order History". Very nice and can be saved for records too!

ย -- Bjarne Stroustrup

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 1:20 AM ยท edited Fri, 12 November 2004 at 1:29 AM

Yes, one improvement buried in the Preferences page is a switch to choose which download file-format you want, so you don't have to see both Windows and Mac in the same list of waiting downloads.

It rather looks as though, when things settle down, that a visit to the Preferences page and a review of the settings will be very worthwhile.

Message edited on: 11/12/2004 01:29

blue2000 ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 2:12 AM

Anyone tried to make a purchase yet.Tried but was only offered shipping by fed ex no download.Have i missed something?Lets hope it is sorted soon.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 2:32 AM

They must be working on it diligently. I haven't received a response to my email yet nor is there any change in the purchase status. Methinks it a good idea to let them sort this out... :)

ย -- Bjarne Stroustrup

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 3:38 AM

Yes, I did make a purchase, of a CD. So it does need physical delivery -- I wonder how long Fed Ex to the UK takes. I rather suspect that it won't slip past Customs & Excise in the way that ordinary post can, for stuff only a little over the Duty Free limit.

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 4:17 AM

The site seems quicker too, maybe a server upgrade was done at the same time? I like the new look anyway :D

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Shoshanna ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 4:47 AM

I get my stuff within the week when shipped to the uk from DAZ. Shortest time has been 2 days. The only thing that took longer than a week was the calendar. Shanna

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 7:39 AM

I've noticed the server seems faster, too.

I don't like the new layout. The icons are so big only a few items fit on the screen at once. And I don't like those huge banners you get when you click on "new releases."

However, if makes it easier to keep track of previous purchases, and lets you screen out those darn .sit downloads, I guess it's worth it.

Looks like you also have the option of making your wishlist public, so people can buy you gifts, and not just a gift certificate.

rreynolds ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 10:05 AM

I miss having the filename under the thumbnails. I favor meshes over textures, but now it's harder to tell which is which.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 9:18 PM

I don't like the new look. I liked having more thumbnails to a page so you can see all of what is new...

MachineClaw ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 9:43 PM

in the pull down you can select models only or textures only check box with sale items only, or pclub items only. you can get 45 thumbs per page if you want there are different # of tumbs listed so you can choose. if you want to see just what's new selct newest first, check box the sale only items and 45 thumbs. I do like that there are options, just wish wish Daz would release Akio2 now that they have let the cat out of the bag, enough previews, now bring on the items. oh well, my money goes somewhere else tonight.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 9:54 PM

You can get 45 thumbs per page, but they are so large that you can only see 3-6 at a time. At least on my screen. And I hate having to click twice to get there. The banner pages get old fast. And there are already so many categories to check: DAZ originals, PA new releases, PC new releases. That's a lot of extra clicks to see what's new. (Rule 1: minimize the number of clicks a visitor has to make in order to give you their money!)

MachineClaw ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 10:27 PM

yeah I can see that point. I have a large screen 22" at high res, so it doesn't effect me much, plus cable modem is fast. I really feel sorry for the dialup users that go to Daz now, that's definatly got to be murder trying to shop there now. I am still a bit confused by the store, PClub items now are in with everything else and have a price. So I guess now everybody can purchase PClub items and the membership only gets ya the $1.99 price now. Least that's the way it's presented, probably doesn't work that way but still.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 10:39 PM

I wonder. They've been making more and more of their PC items available to non-PC members, though at a higher price. PC members said they didn't mind. That being the case, DAZ may have found the opportunity to sell more stuff and make more money irresistible.

OTOH, the store is really screwed up now. I'm afraid to buy anything at the moment!

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Sat, 13 November 2004 at 2:18 AM

Some of the glitches seem to have been sorted by Friday night. There's apparently a Search option which will let you still see PC-only lists. No broadband here until May 2005 :(

Kristta ( ) posted Sat, 13 November 2004 at 6:27 AM

No broadband for many years way out here in farm country which is 20 minutes from "town" which you'll miss if you close your eyes. We are about an hour from a city with a red light! Kristta

melanie ( ) posted Sat, 13 November 2004 at 8:17 AM ยท edited Sat, 13 November 2004 at 8:18 AM

The PC items have always been listed in the Premier area, but with a higher price. I guess the exclusively PC items weren't, but I've always seen PC things in the Premier area.

I'm on dialup, but I'm not having a major problem with it. In fact, it seems to run faster than it did before. Before, I never used to let the big pictures load, I just clicked on the links to the areas I wanted, but now I don't seem to have that problem. I think it's a lot easier to get around in there now.

One thing I've noticed is that it appears that the DAZ Originals have their own category now, which is what I've been asking them to do for years.

Melanie

Message edited on: 11/13/2004 08:18

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 13 November 2004 at 8:22 AM

It's screwed up. Some things that weren't supposed to be in the PC were listed there. Some items have the wrong prices or wrong descriptions. (Check out Luthbel's "Dark Elves Collection For David"!)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.