Mon, Sep 9, 10:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 4:57 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: November challenge theme

chohole ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 7:28 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 9:41 AM

Dreams Again hopefully another subject that can cover all apps and styles.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 8:19 AM

Good challenge! Lots of possibilities. :)

jtm_11 ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 10:03 AM

Another excellent topic & congrats for October chohole!

Satanimus ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 10:48 AM · edited Fri, 05 November 2004 at 11:01 AM

Congrats for Oct', Already dreaming up possibilities... :) btw do nightmares count?

Message edited on: 11/05/2004 11:01

Gods need mortals to believe in them or they die, if gods die are they not mortal, and if they are mortal...why then do we call them gods??.

gunsan ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 11:09 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=723542&Start=55&Artist=gunsan&ByArtist=Yes

file_139205.jpg

Is it OK to send one already published in the gallery? In that case, her is a Falling dream, or maybe Dreamflight :-) The link is to original sized image.

chohole ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 11:23 AM

OF course nightmares count. Like that one Gunsan...I think you can still use that one, but I am sure RimRunner will tell you

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

garblesnix ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 12:10 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=803820&Start=1&Sectionid=35&filter_genre_id=0&WhatsN

I'd like to submit a story. Day-dreams count, right?

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 12:12 PM

I love having the writers join in. thank you, garblesnix!

garblesnix ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 1:55 PM · edited Fri, 05 November 2004 at 1:57 PM

As the saying goes:

Those that can, draw.
Those that can't, run Disney.

Message edited on: 11/05/2004 13:57

shemia ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2004 at 3:08 AM

Just read your story "Love is where you leave it" garblesnix. You have a lot of talent. I enjoy reading your stories.

Satanimus ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 1:29 PM

Gods need mortals to believe in them or they die, if gods die are they not mortal, and if they are mortal...why then do we call them gods??.

gunsan ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 1:34 PM

Hehe, now I understand why you asked about nightmares. This certainly fits (according to me that is) great work, but I don't want it tonight!

anniemation ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 3:28 AM · edited Fri, 12 November 2004 at 3:28 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=799998&Start=1&Artist=anniemation&ByArtist=Yes

Cat Dreams. Was in my gallery a bit before I saw this challenge if that counts.

Message edited on: 11/12/2004 03:28

AusPoet ( ) posted Sat, 13 November 2004 at 2:16 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=757621&Start=1&Artist=AusPoet&ByArtist=Yes

It seems others are submitting items previously in their galleries, so here's one of mine: Hope this is okay for an entry!

blaufeld ( ) posted Sat, 13 November 2004 at 5:53 AM · edited Sat, 13 November 2004 at 5:54 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=437782&Start=19&Artist=blaufeld&ByArtist=Yes

file_139208.jpg

"Dream of Dolphins" Here's mine!!! My first postworked render, some time ago... :)

Message edited on: 11/13/2004 05:54

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 6:26 AM

file_139209.jpg

As the sun sets slowly in the west, now is the time to visit the amazing multi-coloured dream shop. You should find one tucked away on an obscure corner in every town. Dreams to order, delivery free or you can collect. And as our likely lad swaggers, oops read that as staggers, homewards he stops for a well needed rest. He gazes upwards, and is heard to mutter "sheesh, why can't I get dreams like that instead of the normal visions that follow me home" Pure bryce render, just a wee bit of titivation in PS.

erosiaart ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 7:40 AM

PAM!! Goddamit! I ought to worship the ground you walk on..seriously. :-) :-) Love this one of yours.. esp the rainbow colors..! Great work! when is the last day here for this? I'm torn between sending in an image..or a written story...

Satanimus ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 1:26 PM

You know... I'm not sure which is more worrying, your dream of rainbow shops and pink elephants or my nightmares... Fantastic, I wouldn't want it but I love it.... ;););)

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 1:44 PM

lol...my other half says he finds rainbow shops and pink elephants more worrying than nightmares......mainly because he knows the pink elephants well. Not quite certain what to make of that comment!

Satanimus ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 2:13 PM

lol...Sounds like a very sensible person, HIC! ;) btw erosiaart, why not post both?

gunsan ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 5:18 PM

Those pink elephants are s cute, did not remember them being so nice :-) BTW great entries all!!

erosiaart ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 6:59 PM

i thought we can only put up one??

kansas ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 11:29 PM

file_139210.jpg

Are Fractals accepted? Hope so. If I spend a lot of time making fractals, I often dream of those strange shapes and in color. Here's mine. I sure like the previous entries. Marion

chohole ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2004 at 1:29 AM

Anything goes in this forum Kansa (as long as its within the tos) And yes Rosie, you can enter as many times as you like. RimRunner just asks us to clrify which one when we vote if there are multiple entries from the same person.

gunsan ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2004 at 2:38 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=804742&Start=1&Artist=gunsan&ByArtist=Yes

file_139213.jpg

Reaching the stars. In dreams everything is possible. The link is to the larger version in my gallery

erosiaart ( ) posted Tue, 16 November 2004 at 10:02 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=812302&Start=1&Artist=erosiaart&ByArtist=Yes

got laddled brains now..I need a drink..and my bed. Blame a hectic day of work. And I dunno why i ate spicy hot chili chicken.. my tummy growling..ooh! Here's my entry..one so far..may land up with another..

erosiaart ( ) posted Tue, 16 November 2004 at 10:04 AM

kansas..love your fractal image. Have you gone thru molecular expressions? gorgeous real life fractals...

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 16 November 2004 at 11:04 AM

Hey Rosie, I am glad I don't have dreams like that. I should stop eating that spicy chicken :-)))

electroglyph ( ) posted Tue, 16 November 2004 at 10:55 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=812766&Start=1&Sectionid=2&filter_genre_id=0&WhatsNe

file_139214.jpg

Sure you remember it. When you were young, before you were taught how the world really worked. Perhaps you chased a bird through the air. Maybe it was the giant steps that carried you right over the house, but in your dreams you flew. Do you remember waking with a sudden jolt from your flight? Was it really just the dream or where you actually floating in that moment before you dropped on your mattress with a bump?

gunsan ( ) posted Wed, 17 November 2004 at 12:15 AM

Sure we were flying, and still are :-)

Satanimus ( ) posted Wed, 17 November 2004 at 2:04 PM

That's why we do what we do... ;) ;)

LunarTick ( ) posted Sun, 21 November 2004 at 2:33 AM

Don't you just hate it when you start a WIP and realise that you can't finish it because you don't have everything you need for it. I started one for this challenge of a nightmare i had a few years back which i'll never forget and now i can't go any further with it because i don't have a figure and a wild/rabid dog for it. Never mind, i'll work on something else to pass my time away. Some nice images been done already, keep up the great work people :)

erosiaart ( ) posted Wed, 24 November 2004 at 9:10 AM

when is the vote date for this challenge, btw? and will smone IM me? Pretty plz?? I seem to lose track of time...all I can think of is ..work and work deadlines!

Satanimus ( ) posted Wed, 24 November 2004 at 4:08 PM

RimRunner ( ) posted Wed, 24 November 2004 at 7:46 PM

Hey there everyone... I know, holidays and everything else... so we'll give it until Sunday night, then we get to get busy with the voting. :) I have a little something planned for December... so get those entries in and lets get to voting. :) Cheers, - James

The doctor says I have way too much blood in my caffeine system.

RimRunner ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2004 at 4:09 AM

Ok, well.. it's that time. No one looking for an extra day or two, so lets get the ball rolling and start the voting process. Please pick your three top entries then list them for us so we know which is which.: 1st choice 2nd choice 3rd choice Or something along those lines. Good luck everyone, as always a great turn out and a really hard choice ahead of everyone !!! They're all winners in their own right!

gunsan ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2004 at 4:15 AM

1st choice nr23 2nd choice nr 15 3rd choice nr 16

chohole ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2004 at 4:59 AM

Oh how difficult it is this time. So many different formats, so many good entries. Well here goes:- Ist choice.....Kansas 2nd choice.....Satanimus (post 34) 3rd choice.....Eriosaart

erosiaart ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2004 at 7:38 AM

chohole - 1st kansas - 2nd gunsan - 3rd

Satanimus ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2004 at 11:19 AM

I have two that I can't decide between, they are both so very different from one another... can we have joint choices?

tresamie ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2004 at 1:57 PM

Kansas Fractal - 3 points anniemation Cat Dreams - 2 points Satanimus #34 - 1 point Hard choices! I loved having the writers in this one :). Sorry I didn't get an entry in, too much craziness right now. Maybe next time.

Fractals will always amaze me!

bluetone ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2004 at 8:22 PM

Gunsan - Reaching the stars - 3 points Gunsan - Falling dream - 2 points Chohole - Dreams to go - 1 point

Satanimus ( ) posted Tue, 30 November 2004 at 11:49 AM

I guess that would be no then... Ok hear they be... chohole - Dreams to go - 3points gunsan - Reaching the stars - 2points kansas - Fractal - 1point good luck all.

gallimel ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 7:08 AM

gunsan 1 point, Satanimus first 2 points, kansas fractal 3 point.

RimRunner ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 2004 at 4:11 AM

Cast them now... will close this out later tonight and we'll start on December's Challenge. :)

RimRunner ( ) posted Sat, 04 December 2004 at 10:42 AM

Ok folks... before I give the count down, Congratulations to all of you. A very diverse set of entries and a great theme. All wonderful works and very inspirational. Keep up the great work!! Now On with the countdown. 6th Place - with 1 point: eriosaart 5th Place - with 2 points: Gunsan's: Falling anniemation's: cat dreams blaufeld's Dream of Dolphins 4th Place - with 5 points: Satanimus 3rd Place - with 7 points: Gunsan's - Reach for the stars 2nd Place - with 8 points: Chohole's - Dreams to go And... finally taking a heavy lead early: New to the Challenge Forum... 1st Place - with 15 points: Kansas Congratulations Kansas. Please start a new thread with December's challenge theme.

kansas ( ) posted Sat, 04 December 2004 at 5:18 PM

WOW! Am I ever surprised! Thanks a million for all who voted for my fractal image. It makes me very happy. Marion

bluetone ( ) posted Sat, 04 December 2004 at 5:38 PM

Congrats kansas! :D

tresamie ( ) posted Sat, 04 December 2004 at 8:43 PM

Congratulations Marion! I can't wait to see what your December Challenge will be :)

kansas ( ) posted Sat, 04 December 2004 at 9:15 PM

Thanks 'bluetone' and 'tresamie' for your congrats. I thought the December Challenge could be "My Comfort Zone". Hope this idea will be acceptable to everyone. Marion

tresamie ( ) posted Sun, 05 December 2004 at 2:29 AM

That sounds intriguing! I can imagine lots of possibilities with it :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.