Sat, Sep 21, 9:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Questions to users before buying Vue5...

LuckyLook ( ) posted Sat, 13 November 2004 at 4:48 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:30 AM

I saw very impressive renders in this forum, and fantastic ones using hdri.

I recently leaved my old job to start working with a friend in a small video and communication agency.
We're about to invest in some 3D software... and I think Vue5/Mover/Poser5 would be a great combination at a low price, allowing me to create 3D logos and animate Poser characters in realistic environments at a low price... Considering the fact that we have several machines on a network, the render cows would speed-up things a lot.

But one thing is worrying me a little... I see very positive comments about poser importing, etc, etc...
Are they some cases when things go wrong ? Geometries problems when rendering ? Wrong shadows ? Well... problems ?
We start small, and we just can't afford picking up the wrong stuff as a start !

Thanks in advance for your answers :) .

LL

Veritas777 ( ) posted Sat, 13 November 2004 at 5:23 PM

I have a really large collection of Poser people, plants, animals, buildings- purchased from DAZ, Renderosity and RDNA, --and never had a single problem importing any of them in Vue. That may sound hard to believe- but it's true. There were problems when Vue 4 first came out, but E-on gradually worked those bugs out. It seems that Vue 5 is an extremely STABLE and bug-free software based upon the range of things I've been importing into it- including 3DS and OBJ model files. I use Poser Pro-pack, not P5, so I don't know if there are any P5 import problems...

Ms_Outlaw ( ) posted Sat, 13 November 2004 at 8:56 PM

Ditto. I use Vue/Poser for ebook covers. They are my mainstay and never had a conflict. Like Vertas said there was some with 4. Vue 5, from the demo I've played with (bought enroute somewhere... taking a scenic route I believe) it has imported tons of stuff from Poser.

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 13 November 2004 at 10:23 PM

I had some problems importing dynamic hair from Poser 5 into Vue 4.54 Pro: it was not possible to import a single frame, it always imported frame 1 instead of the frame I want. Dynamic cloth import works fine, both for stills and for animations. I don't know if the hair issue has been fixed in Vue 5.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

Djeser ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 2:45 AM

The mechanics of importing pz3 into Vue4/Vue Pro/Vue 5 are fine, I seldom have any issues. As far as bad shadowing, etc, that's up to the user, really, not the program's fault...that depends on how you use lighting. I often do a tiny bit of post on the Poser figures after rendering in Vue, but that's to fix the weird mesh bends and stuff you get in Poser.

Sgiathalaich

wabe ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 3:27 AM

Well, i simply would try things out. With the trial versions. Thats what they are for. What you would need as well i think is a modelling program. There are some not so bad free ones out like Winds3D or older versions of Cinema, Amapi etc. Only those make it a round package for professional use. Especially for creating 3D logos from 2D files.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

LuckyLook ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 5:06 AM · edited Sun, 14 November 2004 at 5:11 AM

Thanks for your answers so far :) :)

I already use an old version of C4D for logos, but the text tool in Vue looks fabulous..

Message edited on: 11/14/2004 05:11

Costaud ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 8:26 AM

You can also consider Truespace, version 3 is free.

HellBorn ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2004 at 2:21 AM

You could also consider XSI Foundation. It's not that expensive and is a totally 'Pro' application. You could use it for modelling only if you want to keep the animation and rendering simple by using Poser and Vue for those parts. But, you will also have the option to animate and render inside XSI if you would want to go into that direction later on.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.