Mon, Sep 9, 6:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Poser Newbie

bangorgal ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 9:43 PM ยท edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 6:13 PM

I just got Poser 5 and i'm about as lost as i can get. It's not an easy program to understand,but i would at least love to grasp the basics. Finding tutorials something to help me out is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Could someone point me in a direction about the basics... Another question..can background work that is/was done in paint shop or photoimpact be brought into poser? or is that just for "modeling" purposes? thanks in advance an i love all the work i see here patty

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 9:50 PM

www.runtimedna.com THere is a forum dedicated to poser 5 with lots of tutorials scattered throughout it, all of them dealing in Poser 5 specifically. And lots of cool stuff, too. Yes, you can bring in your postworked backgrounds, but you will need to apply them to a prop -- a figure -- of some sort. The simplest way is to use the props-primitives- single sided planes that are in Poser -- just scale them up to the right size. Welcome to a horrible club where your life -- nay, your very soul -- is sucked out of you and locked away in bits and bytes on a glowing screen. Damn but it's good, ain't it?

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

bangorgal ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 9:57 PM

Thank you so much for the information. I'll certainly take a look around...i hope it will be good..i'm dying to start creating... patty

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 11:01 PM

Dr geeps tutorials here are good for beginners with poser 4 or 5 (most of them work for 4 and 5 apart from the poser 4 materials ones).

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Sat, 13 November 2004 at 4:15 AM

Hi bangorgal I have a couple of tutorials on my site which might help :) www.posernode.co.uk/main.htm The site is still under construction, there are only tutorials under Material and Cloth. Hope you find it useful John.

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

bangorgal ( ) posted Sat, 13 November 2004 at 8:05 AM

Thank you all for the great help! I'm sure it will all be useful. I appreciate the help. thanks again patty

bangorgal ( ) posted Sat, 13 November 2004 at 8:42 AM

I've seen on site John(and others)a reference to "Victoria" or "Judy", what are they? Are they models? patty

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Sat, 13 November 2004 at 10:32 AM

Hi Patty Victoria is a kind of add on figure to Poser, available from the Daz website http://www.daz3d.com/products/victoria.php She is a popular figure to use, and there is alot of content around for her. Judy is the adult female figure that comes with Poser 5. Personally I use Victoria more than most figures, though I have just got hold of Michael (also available from DAZ). Hope that helps :) John

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 12:28 AM ยท edited Sun, 14 November 2004 at 12:30 AM

There are 3 different versions of victoria.
Victoria 1 and 2 are older versions their mapping and clothes work with each other.

Victoria 3 is a newer figure and the older victoria mapping and clothes do not work with victoria 3.
Victoria 1 and 2 maps work with judy and vice versa though they arent exactly the same they are near enough to work.

Message edited on: 11/14/2004 00:30

bangorgal ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 2:21 PM

I've been looking around the internet and i'm getting more confused by the minute. First..like i said in my beginning post, someone was nice enough to give me Poser 5. The only "model" i have is a male,Don I think,but don't quote me. What's the differene between a "character" and "poses" I've seen sites that have both and don't know they character and poses go "together" or are they different? I may have break down and buy a book,cuz i have so many questions, everyone would get tired of answering them..lol. thanks for all the help..you guys are great! patty

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 5:15 PM

It's distinctly possible that you have a full copy of poser but don't know where to find the figures. I had a similar experience when I first got poser. Factory settings start you off with Don but you should have a full range of figures available. Click in Windows, then Libraries - this should bring up the libraries bar on the left. Click on Figures then double click on the Poser 5 folder. In there you should find all the people models you get with P5. Before you go buying books you should have a look at the poser help (click on Help, then Poser 5 Help) there is alot of useful stuff in there. John

bangorgal ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 6:13 PM

John: When I did that, i came up with 5 versions of Don..from casual ,nude,etc. At least that's more than i thought I had. thank you John! patty

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2004 at 11:28 PM

A character is a figure like don and judy etc, they might be created from a premade figure. A pose file is a pose or animation that can be used with a figure but it doesn`t have a figure with it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.