Mon, Sep 9, 4:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: SP Confirming problems

Totoro3D ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2004 at 3:25 AM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 12:04 AM

file_141527.JPG

I have big problems with confirming clothes for Stephanie Petite, especially with the legs. Even when using quite normal standing poses, the legs will poke a lot through the skirt. This is happening with many models and even with the poses which came with the models. Is it normal the Spehanie Petite Clothes need much tweeking, or am I doing something wrong?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2004 at 3:41 AM

Is that skirt one for SP3? In other words, what clothes is that? Some skirts are more relying on morphs than true conforming, since Poser really limits the way you CAN make a skirt conform. Also more and more skirts have BodyHandles now, to help with posing.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Totoro3D ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2004 at 6:50 AM

The clothes I used was the Stephanie A go-go mod colection for SP by Daz3D, which is a really cool set :). Thank you for reminding me of the BodyHandles. I think the BodyHandles are indeed a great feature for complicated poses, which were almost impossible to do with pure conforming skirts. But I find it rather annoying to deal with them even for simple poses like the one in the picture provided above, not to talk about walking-animations which I use quite often. There is no other way to deal with such clothes than arranging the skirt over the BodyHandles?

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2004 at 9:01 AM

file_141528.JPG

Many skirts have morphs in the Hip, but here you need to tweak the Buttocks to get a fit.

Totoro3D ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2004 at 9:07 AM

How did you get the girl that was on my harddisk? ;) Thanks a lot :)

blondie9999 ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2004 at 3:13 PM · edited Mon, 15 November 2004 at 3:18 PM

Hi--

Someone at the DAZ forum directed me here. That's my Stephanie a-Go-Go Mod Collection, and yes, the skirt uses "handles." The reason for that has to do with the way Poser joint parameters work, and the fact that one bodypart cannot be welded to a "sibling" bodypart. That is, you can have two buttocks welded to the hip, but you cannot have a buttock welded to the hip AND to another buttock. Thus, if you have a skirt, the entire thing has to be the "hip" body part, because if you divide the lower skirt into right and left buttocks (or into right and left thighs, on older Poser figures), the buttocks cannot be welded to each other-- which, of course, would result in a split in the mesh between the two buttocks. The results of that, needless to say, can be rather ugly.

Hope this helps explain....

Message edited on: 11/15/2004 15:18

Totoro3D ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2004 at 3:22 PM

Hi Blondie, thank you for good customer service and explaining the interesting details :))) Actually I also had the problem with some other skirts, for example some from poserworld. I hope you did not get impression I was complaining about your clothing. I only used your set for illustration purpose, because I like it a lot :)

blondie9999 ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2004 at 8:02 PM

Glad you like the set! That's always good to hear. :-) Skirts are just a problem in Poser, period. There are a number of ways of doing them, and after trying them all, I chose the "handles" method. It leaves a lot to be desired, in my opinion, but the other methods leave even more to be desired. Alas, Poser never was really designed to deal with skirts!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.